autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you tell if the paint can be buff

Ok I have used the pc many times. The problem is that my sis got a 06 murano so I decided to wash and wax. I clayed it. Then I decided to go with the xmt 3 because the paint was in good condition. So I use the edge orange pad put it on 4. So I was buffing then all of a sudden there was small paint chips on the paint. I didn't know how or why it would do that. Yes I went back and forth motion. Then I decided to switch to a blue pad which is not aggresvie pad. It did the same thing. So am I doing something wrong. It looks like rock chips on the paint now. Anybody have an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wu01ok
    Ok I have used the pc many times. The problem is that my sis got a 06 murano so I decided to wash and wax. I clayed it. Then I decided to go with the xmt 3 because the paint was in good condition. So I use the edge orange pad put it on 4. So I was buffing then all of a sudden there was small paint chips on the paint. I didn't know how or why it would do that. Yes I went back and forth motion. Then I decided to switch to a blue pad which is not aggresvie pad. It did the same thing. So am I doing something wrong. It looks like rock chips on the paint now. Anybody have an idea.
    i ve never heard of that ever happening .sorry to hear about that.was the pad clean and free of any dirt ?? theres no way the p/c should ever chip the paint.hopefully someone else will chime in with an idea on maybe what happend
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe that either - are you certain they are chips? Not chunks of polish that were not broken down?
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    The pc/pads are not going to cause paint chips unless you got some debris in the pad itself. If i had to guess you did not notice them till you started buffing the surface because you are focused on that area.

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Nissan paint was soft, but that is ridiculous and uncommon.

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks for the reply. Yeah I was shock to. I will take some pix. I think I also burn paint but not sure I will let you guys check it out. I was really depress after that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be a bad/cheap repaint on a repair ?????
    Painting newer cars requires more than just paint, most paints need somthing added to them to make them cure and become hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it has had some chip fillings that you removed with the PC. Ive done that before myself. I know Turtle got some tuch up stuff thats easily removed either by washing the car or polishing it.

If you say the paint aint that bad, you shouldnt use the xmt 3, the xmt 1 is probably more than enough on a "not so bad" paint.

Least aggresiv combo first, inspect the work and THEN switch to a heavyer cutting comb i not the first one did the job good enough.

Also remember that you can do the area 2 or 3 times with the SAME combo before you are pleased.

Hope you sort out the problem, nothings like a pi##ed of sister
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    ouch, that sucks. get them pics up ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean I use the finishing glaze instead of the xmt 3. Sorry for the confusing. I will get the pix up soon. But that doe make since if they filled the paint with some touch up paint. But I also notice it took a big chunk out of the paint on the lower driver side door isn't noticable until you look at it. The good thing is that it's smooth lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast