autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - September 28th & 29th 2013

Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - September 28th & 29th 2013

Wow! Another awesome group of guys that have taken one of my detailing boot camp classes. We had guys from all backgrounds in the car detailing world. Some guys were brand new to car detailing while others have been in business for decades, we even had boat detailers attending this class.

The two most common comments I heard was everyone really loved the chance to try out and use so many different tools and also working on all the cool cars. I guarantee you... the chance to buff out a 1959 Dodge Royal will probably never happen in your life again and that car looked awesome when you were all finished with it!

Bryan my co-worker did a great job of taking pictures and there's 1600 pictures on the memory card after this weekend's class! That's a lot of picture to look through!

I'll definitely get through them and post as many as I can and to get things started here's the pictures Nick took at the end of the class when certificates are awarded...

Richard, it was a real pleasure working with you but ding dang... you blinked!

Niki it's always great to have you here at Autogeek working on all the cool projects that go through our classes...

Chris it was great working with you all weekend watching you smile even when you're were working hard...

Axel... what can I say...

It was great working with you and even more fun to finally put a face to an Avatar!

Brian... you kept me on my toes with all your great questions... I could tell you were there to learn!

David it was a pleasure having you in the class and a pleasure having both you and your wife at the "Meet & Greet". I'm confident you're ready to tackle your BLACK Challenger!

This one...
    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with Water Spot Imprint Rings

Tyron, it was a pleasure working with you and I appreciate the time you took away from your business in Louisiana and invest it into our detailing classes here at Autogeek.

Donald, like I posted above to Tyron, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your willingness to investigate and trust both myself and Autogeek and then leave your business in Louisiana to fly out here and attend our class. Thank you.

Dan it was great having you in the class, I'm confident your new found skills and knowledge will make anything you touch gleam like the sun!

Bob... it was a genuine pleasure having you at our class... I must have worked you too hard on Saturday...

Ed... loved having you in our class... I'm sure your 1966 Corvette is going to glisten like a polished gemstone after you put your new found skills to work...

Barry it was a blast having you in the class! I wish good fortune in your detailing business and hope to see you on the forum often...

Desmond... I loved your passion and eagerness for trying out every tool and procedure on Saturday and Sunday. If you approach your detailing business with this same energy there's nothing that can stop you from becoming successful...

Kyle... it was easy to tell you already have a lot of knowledge about all aspects of car detailing, I hope this class will help you to be even more successfulll...

Tim it was great having you in the class, it's easy to tell you're a real car guy and love working on cars! I hope you enjoyed the selection we had for this class.

Graham... you're enthusiasm to learn was refreshing, I'm confident you'll always succeed!

Patryk, it was a real pleasure getting to know you and work with you. I could tell right away you know your way around a rotary buffer! Hope to see you at some of our Thursday night gigs...

Andy you always looked like you were having fun no matter what we we're doing. I sincerely hope you had as much fun as you looked like you were having as you were a real pleasure to have in the class.

Joseph... Thank you for attending and really pouring yourself into the class. I wish you success with your new detailing business!

Dan I appreciate anyone that purchases a copy of my how-to book and I'm even more happy to not only sign the book but to spend two day working with you on all aspects of car detailing.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - September 28th & 29th 2013

Another great class!

I would like to thank everyone that attended this weekends class, you were all awesome and everyone did a great job!

I'll get a few pictures up tomorrow and throughout the week. I hope you all had as much fun as we did and remember if you ever have any questions in the future don't ever hesitate to call...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike thanks again,

Really appreciate your hands on approach as well the of passion for detailing that few posses.

Great class, great people, great host Best of luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you!!! for your expert advice. its very rare to have a place to experance all the tools that where there to try and on all the cool cARS. i gunna try and get a a few to come on down for the next class..
    and thanks to da crew at autogeek wishing you all the best.. axel

Post Thanks / Like
    Really enjoyed the class thanks for all the knowledge and hands on

Sent from my MB855 using AG Online

Mike Phillips

It's Monday morning, the day after this last weekend's Detailing Boot Camp Class and that means time to move all the training cars out of the garage and start in on the clean-up work.

Before I disappear though, here's a few pictures of everyone that attended this class!

More pictures later and throughout the week!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Weekend! I had high expectations before the class, but it was better than I could have ever imagined. Mike has a great approach to teaching by offering hands on training which makes everything even more interesting. It was great to try out all of the tools and different chemicals. If anyone is thinking about going to the next class I highly recommend it!

Thanks Mike, Nick and everyone at Autogeek!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

The class was fantastic! I learned a lot of great things I can apply to my business and met a lot of really cool people.

Mike was great, as expected. And Nick really helped walk me through a lot of decisions on products and equipment. He's practically a walking catalog!

I hope to come down for a Thursday sometime, but the eight hour drive may delay that for a while. (Let me know when you do something in Georgia!)

I need to get back to my shopping now (thanks, Nick!). I'll start posting some of my projects soon!

Thanks again!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Patrykm View Post

Hey Mike thanks again,

Really appreciate your hands on approach as well the of passion for detailing that few posses.

Great class, great people, great host Best of luck to all.

Thanks Patrk, I really enjoyed having you in the class and like I said numerous times, I have two passions...

1. Making cars shiny!
    2. Showing others how to make cars shiny!

I had a blast at the class too!

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

thank you!!! for your expert advice. its very rare to have a place to experience all the tools that where there to try and on all the cool cars. i going try and get a a few to come on down for the next class..

and thanks to da crew at autogeek wishing you all the best.. axel
    It was a pleasure having you in the class Axel and most of all finally meeting the guy behind the Avatar! Always love your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by barry50208 View Post

Really enjoyed the class thanks for all the knowledge and hands on

It was great having you in the class Barry... hope to see you on the forum more often!

More pictures tomorrow guys!

Mike Phillips

A few more pictures before I leave for the day... (I'm dragging today)

I took these shots of the 1959 Dodge this morning in full sun to show the show car results...

And here's how this car started out...

The lines you see are the tale-tale sign of holograms inflicted by the misuse of a rotary buffer.

You can see the hologram lines in this shot too...

While these look just like cobweb swirls, this section of paint was buffed the same way as the hood you just don't see the hologram lines but these swirls were caused by a rotary buffer also...

All of the above was done using,

Flex 3401 polishers
    Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
    Detailer's Paint Coating Prep
    Detailer's Paint Coating.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast