autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax.. I want to try BF Midnight sun. BUT....

Quote Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post
    Ended up pulling the trigger on a small order with the 15% off no shipping minimum sale.

Will reserve a larger order for the Black Friday Sale.

Bought a bottle of the. BF. Midnight sun spray wax and Duragloss Aquawax...

Going to use these on my Yas Marina Blue M4... I like trying out different products on this paint since it changes hues in different conditions.

Going to Stay with the Coating on our Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude.. I have. Black Label Diamond Coating on the Medium Steel Metallic Paint and It looks like Glass.

Great Coating and I use the Coating Booster for Up Keep... Would love to get an authorized Pro that does Modesta to coat it but no one even remotely close to this area is authorized... so PBL Black Label shall remain

But coatings are boring and too easy to maintain.. Want some more hands on action with the //M

I will post up some new pics after full detail and applied spray waxes.. gonna do half the car in Midnight Sun and half the car in Duragloss. ..

though there will be practically no difference in the pictures I'm hoping to see a small difference in real life and see how long these products hold up.

BTW. Did the entire car 2 weeks ago with Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax... lasted about 2 maybe 3 days.. but man did it look killer once applied.. so much depth.

anywho.

Thanks for all the feedback. Cheers.
    Nice!!!!.... Which BF spray did u get, the carnuba one or the synthetic one?

I'm sure you'll like the Aquawax, it looks great on my wife's black car.... Very similar to d156.... I'll probably spray it down next week and see how the beading is compared to d156 and OCW.
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

carnauba Spray
    in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3:6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post
    carnauba Spray
    nice!!....let us know how u like it when u get it

Post Thanks / Like

I love Aquawax. I also really like the smell.

I've seen Aquawax last over a month. My friend's car had it applied after we washed it and I remember asking when it rained one time what else he put on the paint and he said nothing.

I was surprised because it had been one month and three days and it was obvious still making the surface hydrophobic.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    this video convinced me to just get the gallon instead of trying the OTC version first....and I was not disappointed at all....d156 is awesome sauce!!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the original question....

BF on BOGO is about the only way it's (near) affordable.

Both the Megs products discussed are good in warm weather, although the consumer version may be more 'sun' friendly, and is a little less 'slick'.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I've also found AW actually looks better about 8 hours after you apply it. It seems to cure to a whole new shine. Plus the smell is addicting.
    YES!!!!

IMHO... AW blows the rest of them away. From smell, to slickness, to longevity, to LOOK it's really nice.

The thing about Primo though is when you see it in a clear bottle... you probably won't want to put it on your paint! Never, I mean EVER have I seen anything separate, have chunks, and stratify like that stuff.

Does smell good though! And doesn't look/feel too bad either. Just scary in the bottle 'fer sure. Just make sure and SHAKE BEFORE USING.

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I love Aquawax. I also really like the smell.

I've seen Aquawax last over a month. My friend's car had it applied after we washed it and I remember asking when it rained one time what else he put on the paint and he said nothing.

I was surprised because it had been one month and three days and it was obvious still making the surface hydrophobic.
    Oh absolutely... it'll last 6~8 weeks in dry weather, and even through a wash job.
    It'll even layer on itself, as was told to me by the designer of the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Cardaddy
    Where you been lately?
    Back acting up?

Yep the Prima Hydro Max looks like a day old Jamba Juice after it's been sitting in the bottle, but it works great. Several months easy. Very easy to use and I've never seen it streak.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Cardaddy
    Where you been lately?
    Back acting up?

Yep the Prima Hydro Max looks like a day old Jamba Juice after it's been sitting in the bottle, but it works great. Several months easy. Very easy to use and I've never seen it streak.
    Yup... back going NUTS lately.
    That and I've got a SLAP Tear of the right shoulder that I just finished 6 weeks of therapy on. Still have a bicep tendon / tear/ mis-location that (so far) they are not operating on.

Palm facing down; I can raise my right arm about 80°.

Palm facing UP; My right arm SLAMS to a stop about 40°~43° TOPS!

The muscles literally bind together across the front of my shoulder/underneath my arm pit and it won't go any higher!

I was at my pain management doc Thursday and showed him.... And he yelled at me and "Don't do that!" WTH am I supposed to do then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Yup... back going NUTS lately.
    That and I've got a SLAP Tear of the right shoulder that I just finished 6 weeks of therapy on. Still have a bicep tendon / tear/ mis-location that (so far) they are not operating on.

Palm facing down; I can raise my right arm about 80°.

Palm facing UP; My right arm SLAMS to a stop about 40°~43° TOPS!

The muscles literally bind together across the front of my shoulder/underneath my arm pit and it won't go any higher!

I was at my pain management doc Thursday and showed him.... And he yelled at me and "Don't do that!" WTH am I supposed to do then?
    At least you can move your arm. My brachial plexus nerve is entrapped between my scalene muscles. The signal from my brain to my right deltoids is nonexistent. Just barely getting the muscle to twitch and respond since this started last Tuesday.

Not to mention the crap that is affected by my locked up cervical spine from my tight scalenes.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast