autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax.. I want to try BF Midnight sun. BUT....

so I got a couple samples yesterday from a fellow local GEEKER, he gave me some OCW and AW....I was anxious to try them out and the wife's car was a mess from recent rain so I went at it....her car is black also so it was a perfect candidate, plus since I'm doing a full correction soon the only LSP it has is d156 every couple weeks.

so I went on with a traditional 2 bucket wash and noticed the water wasn't beading or sheeting that great, which I took as the d156 was pretty much done....PERFECT!!!....so I applied OCW to one side of the car and for comparison sake I did a door on that side with AW....and I did the same putting AW on the other side with OCW on one door.

solo on to the application and ease of use for each....IMO the AW was the winner hands down in that area, it went on fairly easy and required little buffing and produced a great shine and slick feel....the temp outside was in the high 50s and I had the car in the garage with the door open....the OCW was a little trickier, and it may have been from a little over applying on my part but I still felt it was more finicky to buff off for a STREAK FREE shine....but once I finally got it good it looked and felt great as well.

overall they're both some pretty good products, but I find d156 still my favorite out of that trio....I know it lacks in the durability department a little bit with the super ease of use with no buffing and the great hydrophobic properties I like it a lot.... I will be buying Prima Hydro Max soon to try and being its pure synthetic polymers and has GREAT durability I think I will like it as well
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanChav View Post
    so I got a couple samples yesterday from a fellow local GEEKER, he gave me some OCW and AW....I was anxious to try them out and the wife's car was a mess from recent rain so I went at it....her car is black also so it was a perfect candidate, plus since I'm doing a full correction soon the only LSP it has is d156 every couple weeks.

so I went on with a traditional 2 bucket wash and noticed the water wasn't beading or sheeting that great, which I took as the d156 was pretty much done....PERFECT!!!....so I applied OCW to one side of the car and for comparison sake I did a door on that side with AW....and I did the same putting AW on the other side with OCW on one door.

solo on to the application and ease of use for each....IMO the AW was the winner hands down in that area, it went on fairly easy and required little buffing and produced a great shine and slick feel....the temp outside was in the high 50s and I had the car in the garage with the door open....the OCW was a little trickier, and it may have been from a little over applying on my part but I still felt it was more finicky to buff off for a STREAK FREE shine....but once I finally got it good it looked and felt great as well.

overall they're both some pretty good products, but I find d156 still my favorite out of that trio....I know it lacks in the durability department a little bit with the super ease of use with no buffing and the great hydrophobic properties I like it a lot.... I will be buying Prima Hydro Max soon to try and being its pure synthetic polymers and has GREAT durability I think I will like it as well
    Just use up the AW in that little spray bottle and I'll fill it up with a sample of Prima Hydro Max for you.
    You know I've read so much about OCW streaking, but honestly it doesn't happen much for me. last time I used it the car was in the garage shaded, except the trunk and rear were getting the sun on it. It was @ 90* out, so the trunk lid was quite warm. I did the whole car with OCW and had no streaks anywhere.

I've also found AW actually looks better about 8 hours after you apply it. It seems to cure to a whole new shine. Plus the smell is addicting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Just use up the AW in that little spray bottle and I'll fill it up with a sample of Prima Hydro Max for you.
    You know I've read so much about OCW streaking, but honestly it doesn't happen much for me. last time I used it the car was in the garage shaded, except the trunk and rear were getting the sun on it. It was @ 90* out, so the trunk lid was quite warm. I did the whole car with OCW and had no streaks anywhere.

I've also found AW actually looks better about 8 hours after you apply it. It seems to cure to a whole new shine. Plus the smell is addicting.
    Thx for the samples Brad!!!!

Yea the OCW streaked a tad, could've been from a little over app or possibly the cold....either way I ended up getting it to work but the extra work just isn't for me....luckily I got to try it before I bought some....can't wait to try the Prima!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the samples Brad!!!!

Yea the OCW streaked a tad, could've been from a little over app or possibly the cold....either way I ended up getting it to work but the extra work just isn't for me....luckily I got to try it before I bought some....can't wait to try the Prima!!!!
    Then lets swap it out. If you know the OCW isn't for you, give it back and I'll replace it with Prima Hydro Max.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Then lets swap it out. If you know the OCW isn't for you, give it back and I'll replace it with Prima Hydro Max.
    alright!!.... just let me know when

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a few spray waxes and BF Midnight Sun has been the best in looks and durability.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have used a few spray waxes and BF Midnight Sun has been the best in looks and durability.
    What do u think about Prima?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Spray Wax.. I want to try BF Midnight sun. BUT....

OP, if you use rinseless wash you could make a gallon of quick detailer for that need, infact if you wanted it to be a bit more concentrated you could add a bit more RW product, just make sure you use distilled water as it will take a while to use all the product up. ONRWW has waxed infused into already, so it would be a great product, DG rinseless is another outstanding place to start to make up something to fit your needs.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

What do u think about Prima?
    I have not used Prima I have used Pinnacle, Optimum, Adam's, Mothers.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up pulling the trigger on a small order with the 15% off no shipping minimum sale.

Will reserve a larger order for the Black Friday Sale.

Bought a bottle of the. BF. Midnight sun spray wax and Duragloss Aquawax...

Going to use these on my Yas Marina Blue M4... I like trying out different products on this paint since it changes hues in different conditions.

Going to Stay with the Coating on our Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude.. I have. Black Label Diamond Coating on the Medium Steel Metallic Paint and It looks like Glass.

Great Coating and I use the Coating Booster for Up Keep... Would love to get an authorized Pro that does Modesta to coat it but no one even remotely close to this area is authorized... so PBL Black Label shall remain

But coatings are boring and too easy to maintain.. Want some more hands on action with the //M

I will post up some new pics after full detail and applied spray waxes.. gonna do half the car in Midnight Sun and half the car in Duragloss. ..

though there will be practically no difference in the pictures I'm hoping to see a small difference in real life and see how long these products hold up.

BTW. Did the entire car 2 weeks ago with Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax... lasted about 2 maybe 3 days.. but man did it look killer once applied.. so much depth.

anywho.

Thanks for all the feedback. Cheers.
    in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3:6

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast