autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Introducing the BEST Drying Aid - By Pinnacle

I'm always astounded when I pick up an issue of one of the major automotive publications and read the comparisons between an all new model and its replacement. Take for example the 7th generation Corvette: If you pick up an issue that was written a year ago, the C6 Corvette is made to sound like the greatest thing since tuned-port fuel injection. Read about the C7 Corvette, however, and you'll notice comments regarding the C6's nervousness at the limit, shaky structure, etc. The fact that GM and the Corvette team can make the C7 Corvette so good that it makes the C6 look inferior is awe-inspiring. The same scenario isn't uncommon in the world of car care products either.

While you wouldn't normally associate the word "improvement" with car care products that bear the Pinnacle name, we're always looking for a way to somehow tweak a product to make it easier to use, longer lasting, etc. One of the biggest challenges to overcome is the price; better ingredients cost more money. Making a better product at equal or lower cost relies on smart chemistry. With that being said, I'm proud to introduce a new-and-improved formulation of Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer. With this new and improved formulation comes a lower price of entry - $12.99 versus $15.99.

Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer - What's New

The new and improved XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer contains more Stay-Slick polymers that repel dirt, water, and moisture, keeping your vehicle clean and protected. This gloss-intensive detail spray makes for a great drying aid because the Stay-Slick polymers cause water to sheet rather than bead, practically eliminating the chance of water spots from occurring after you wash your vehicle. XMT fans fear not - this versatile detail spray is still 100% sun-light friendly, making it a great choice for people that don't readily have access to a garage.

"Wax As You Dry"

Using a "drying aid" is when you spray a specially designed quick detail spray or spray wax directly onto the wet surface as you dry each panel. The purpose of this is to help eliminate water spots, increase gloss and slickness, and in some cases, a drying aid significantly reduces the effort it takes to dry the vehicle. All of the above, especially the latter, can be said about the new and improved Pinnacle XMT 360 Final Finish Instant Detailer.

Using a drying aid is simple: wash the vehicle and spray Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer directly onto the surface while it's still wet. Ideally you want to work on one panel at a time. After spraying an ample amount of product on the surface, dry as you normally would using a Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler Drying Towel.

Here you can see how Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer causes water to sheet as soon as it's sprayed onto the surface. This significantly cuts down on any effort required to dry the vehicle. This makes drying your car in direct sunlight especially easy.

Here you can see part of the hood that was easily dried with just one swipe of the Guzzler.

Here's another example:

Safely Remove Light Dust & Dirt

Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer can be used to safely remove light dust and dirt in between washes. Like all other Pinnacle XMT products, Final Finish Instant Detailer can be used in direct sunlight. When using Pinnacle XMT Final Finish as a quick detailer, I always use the Cobra Gold Plush Jr.—my all-time favorite towel for use with quick detailers.

Simply spray and wipe!

Call Me The Gloss Boss

The new and improved Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer quickly coats your vehicle in high-gloss polymers, creating a shine that's typically reserved for dedicated spray waxes.

If you're a fan of using a drying aid or if you've never used a drying aid, pick up a bottle of the new and improved Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much it improves the washing experience. Now if only the Corvette team could have made the C7 cheaper than the C6...

Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing the BEST Drying Aid - By Pinnacle

You got the 3 looking good Nick.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Dang. I just put in a huge order with you nick, now this is something else that's going in the wish list lol. This place is gonna get me in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Too late...... I just placed 3 orders and I am set for a couple of weeks (at least)

Seriously, stop introducing more stuff!

How does it compare to V7 in terms of application, feel, optics etc...? If you send me a bottle I could do a review for you

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats certainly worth it just for the price!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

My preliminary take on this product is very slick after doing my hood. It was late and the car was on the driveway, but clearly the towel glided over the paint noticeably more than other detail sprays I've tried. Anxious to give it a full test this weekend - pictures and comments soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick--does this product have any long-term effect on the absorbency of drying towels? Since you mentioned "was as you dry" it reminded me of discussions years ago on another forum about E1 WAUD making everyone's expensive WW towels "waterproof".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    You got the 3 looking good Nick.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Nick--does this product have any long-term effect on the absorbency of drying towels? Since you mentioned "was as you dry" it reminded me of discussions years ago on another forum about E1 WAUD making everyone's expensive WW towels "waterproof".
    Great question. I've never had any "wax build up" problems with this particular product, so I would say NO, it's not going to have a negative effect on your drying towel.

You can maximize your towel's life by regularly washing it with an approved microfiber detergent, like Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator or BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer. This also helps to remove any built-up residue that could be present. I generally wash my Cobra Guzzlers after every other use.

Speaking of the Cobra Guzzler, I'd like to point out that a high quality drying towel is another essential tool for proper drying. Check out the article below.

What's in a Name? An In-Depth Look at the Cobra Guzzler Drying Towels

The Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler is available in sizes Regular, Supreme, and Ultimate. To be a little more specific, the sizes are 16" x 24", 20" x 40" and 28" x 44".

The Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler features only the highest quality Korean microfiber that goes through a unique manufacturing process to ensure that it meets the quality standards of a Cobra towel. As part of this manufacturing process, the microfiber goes through a splitting machine to make what's called "ultra microfiber". Ultra microfiber is found in every Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler drying towel because it's the softest, most plush type of microfiber available at any cost. No corners were cut in the design of the Waffle Weave Guzzler and that includes the borders, which are super soft so they won't scratch even the most delicate of painted finishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any protection left behind?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Is there any protection left behind?
    Yes, but if you want to add even more protection, you can follow up with a spray wax like Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, Optimum Car Wax, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast