autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    Its funny, its just that exact reason that we developed this product. All the fiber type wash mitts do get the dirt into the nap where it becomes entangled in the mesh of hairs and does not rinse out from the mitt. Each time you use the hairy mitts the hairs lay down more and more, get more and more entangled or as one users said "dreadlocked" and become full of dirt and debris that "can move down in the knap". Notice that each time you use the fiber wash mitts the texture continues to become coarser and coarser. With the ShMiTT the suface texture never changes, even after more than 50 washes!! It's the waffle texture that allows the dirt to get knocked off by the tips and then move into the channels where it can drain out of the mitt. The foam is the softest type of foam known and will never scratch a surface. In fact it is made from our highest quality ultra fine high speed finishing foam that is made to last at 2000+ RPMs on a buffer. By hand not only will it not scratch, but it will outlast any hairy wash mitt which will leave tufts of hair ripped out on the wipers and lettering. Our Foam ShMiTT is also always cushioning and does not impart direct pressure on the paint the way the hairy mitts do once they become wet and the hairs all lay down. You also will love to put your hand into this Mitt because it does not feel like a wet moldy bag on your hand. The ShMiTT fits a hand like a glove and gives you total control to wash every crack and corner since it has an Edge all the way around. I think many of the nay sayers will be surprised to hear the reviews as they come in.
    Please dont get me wrong, it was not my intention to mock or scoff at your product my good man. I was just expressing my own doubts based on the detailing knowledge that I have acquired over the last five years. After reading your post it makes me feel more comfortable with the product but I am not still fully sold.

I will say that it certainly does peak my curiosity, I wish I knew someone to test one before spending the money on it and the shipping from Autogeek. Someone buy one and mail it around so we can all try it!

On another note, TheEdge, would you mind if I send you some PMs or posted some questions about your pad system? I do not know much about it now but much like this particular product, they have intrequied me. And if it will let me get rid of backing plates .

Post Thanks / Like
    Its funny, its just that exact reason that we developed this product. All the fiber type wash mitts do get the dirt into the nap where it becomes entangled in the mesh of hairs and does not rinse out from the mitt. Each time you use the hairy mitts the hairs lay down more and more, get more and more entangled or as one users said "dreadlocked" and become full of dirt and debris that "can move down in the knap". Notice that each time you use the fiber wash mitts the texture continues to become coarser and coarser. With the ShMiTT the suface texture never changes, even after more than 50 washes!! It's the waffle texture that allows the dirt to get knocked off by the tips and then move into the channels where it can drain out of the mitt. The foam is the softest type of foam known and will never scratch a surface. In fact it is made from our highest quality ultra fine high speed finishing foam that is made to last at 2000+ RPMs on a buffer. By hand not only will it not scratch, but it will outlast any hairy wash mitt which will leave tufts of hair ripped out on the wipers and lettering. Our Foam ShMiTT is also always cushioning and does not impart direct pressure on the paint the way the hairy mitts do once they become wet and the hairs all lay down. You also will love to put your hand into this Mitt because it does not feel like a wet moldy bag on your hand. The ShMiTT fits a hand like a glove and gives you total control to wash every crack and corner since it has an Edge all the way around. I think many of the nay sayers will be surprised to hear the reviews as they come in.
    I have large hands. Will it fit my hands comfortably.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a dumb question, but would it be OK to use with a rinseless wash like DP 4-in-1?
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a review of the ShMitt about 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=2061
    The dirt runs down through the waffle areas. This thing works. I have used my original one on over 60+ cars now half being black!
    When using the two buckets, it rinses cleaner than anything I've ever used. I'm 6-3 and have large hands. Fits mine perfectly. It has never fell off my hand either. It holds more suds than just water. Believe me, you can not go wrong trying this product out.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    I did a review of the ShMitt about 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ead.php?t=2061
    The dirt runs down through the waffle areas. This thing works. I have used my original one on over 60+ cars now half being black!
    When using the two buckets, it rinses cleaner than anything I've ever used. I'm 6-3 and have large hands. Fits mine perfectly. It has never fell off my hand either. It holds more suds than just water. Believe me, you can not go wrong trying this product out.
    As Justin said he has posted a great review, no need to knock a product you havent tried. Justin is always kind enough to post great reviews and one thing we can always count on is his honesty. I think if you read his reviews it can better help you make an educated purchase or not to make one, no one is pushing the product, just reviewing it..... isnt that what everyone wants...someone else to purchase and try it first.... that is one of the reasons this forum is here.
    Justin thank you for always sharing with us, you do a great job, only wished you lived closer so we could hire you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    heres a few shots of the schmitt in action. I think the pics will help give a better understanding of the mitt..http://www.autogeek.net/shmitt.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Excessive,
    You need to contact us directly at 1-800-315-3343. I need to know more about what happened and how. If the foam tore out of the center of the pad you should not be using that side anymore or you should be very careful about putting alot of pressure. That being said I know that the adapter can not hit the paint so the only thing that could hit at the point where the foam is gone from the center of the pad would be the plastic plate. This plate is designed to break down with any pressure or friction and will not scratch paint or remove it so we need to speak and find out more of what happened.

Please call ASAP.

PS: The ShMiTT holds more suds than the wool or synthetic mitts because it basically is a sponge!

Thanks,

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
    777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    ---------------------------------------
    ( Phone: (610) 583-4883
    2 Fax: (610) 583-4885
    * Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com
    www.edgepads.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts
    Please dont get me wrong, it was not my intention to mock or scoff at your product my good man. I was just expressing my own doubts based on the detailing knowledge that I have acquired over the last five years. After reading your post it makes me feel more comfortable with the product but I am not still fully sold.

I will say that it certainly does peak my curiosity, I wish I knew someone to test one before spending the money on it and the shipping from Autogeek. Someone buy one and mail it around so we can all try it!

On another note, TheEdge, would you mind if I send you some PMs or posted some questions about your pad system? I do not know much about it now but much like this particular product, they have intrequied me. And if it will let me get rid of backing plates .
    Sure feel free to PM me but its is always better to send me an email to my true email address

777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    www.edgepads.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I have large hands. Will it fit my hands comfortably.
    Well, I am 6"2' with size 12.5 Shoe and can easily palm a basketball. ( calm down ladies) and the ShMiTT was made to fit my hand easily! Basically it is one size fits all except for Sasquatch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Excessive,
    You need to contact us directly at 1-800-315-3343. I need to know more about what happened and how. If the foam tore out of the center of the pad you should not be using that side anymore or you should be very careful about putting alot of pressure. That being said I know that the adapter can not hit the paint so the only thing that could hit at the point where the foam is gone from the center of the pad would be the plastic plate. This plate is designed to break down with any pressure or friction and will not scratch paint or remove it so we need to speak and find out more of what happened.

Please call ASAP.

PS: The ShMiTT holds more suds than the wool or synthetic mitts because it basically is a sponge!

Thanks,

777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    www.edgepads.com
    Thank you for your response, I will indeed give you a call within the next day. Looking forward to talking with you. Also, I'm really intersted in the shmitt, like I've said before I've used sheepskins becuase I thought they were the softest and safest thing, I know they don't last long, but I rinse mine completely after each wash and always use two buckets with them. I know you already have talked about the issues with other mitts vs. the shmitt, but will my sheepskin really get messed up or scratch paint, I mean I try to keep them in good condtion. The only reason I'm asking this is because you guyz at edge have had to do numerous testing to come up with the shmitt. Even with that being said I'm still going to order two, I just want to see in your opinion if I should ditch my other mitts. Thanks
    Last edited by Excessive Detail; 10-05-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast