autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Lake Country Hydro-Tech Pads In Stock at Autogeek.net!!!

Dwayne, Mike and I have been testing these new H20 Hydro-tech pads for a while now and the results have been great! Now our first shipment is in stock and they are ready to ship! Check this out.

The new H20 Hydro-tech pads we will be featuring a white loop on the back. The tangerine and the famous orange pads are very close in color so having the white loop will make it easier to tell them apart.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads Combo

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack - Your Choice!
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Lake Country Hydro-Tech Pads In Stock at Autogeek.net!!!

Lake Country' s Hydro-Tech Foam Pads are designed specifically for the application of water-based polishes and compounds. European pre-polymer foam prolongs the working time so you have more time to create a flawless finish. Hydro-Tech Inch Foam Pads are ideal for professional, body shop-safe polishes. Choose any combination of three pads with this special 3 pack.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads are made of imported European pre-polymer foam. This long-wearing, high quality foam is less absorbent in order to keep the majority of polish on the pad's surface. You'll experience a longer working time with your water-based polishes and compounds, resulting in less product used to achieve the perfect finish.

Water-based polishes can soak into some foam pads like, well, water. That requires you to keep reapplying polish to the pad. With Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads, water-based polishes work longer and you use less polish. You'll save time and polish!

The Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads accomplish defect removal and finishing in just one step. This special foam composition leaves no marring so, even after compounding with the blue cutting pad, the finish is nearly wax-ready. Think of these pads as all-in-one polishing and finishing pads.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads are available in two varieties:

Cyan Advanced Cutting Foam - The blue foam is designed for compounding and swirl removal. This closed cell pre-polymer foam restores oxidized and heavily swirled paint. Looks can be deceiving; the blue pad looks coarse but actually finishes with no marring. You'll achieve an almost wax-ready finish in one step. That's another way the Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads save you time.

The blue cutting foam works well with Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 and Meguiars Ultra-Cut Compound. Both polishes have great cutting power and a clean, glossy finish. Use either polish/pad combo on neglected finishes and watch the paint come to life!

Tangerine Ultra Polishing Foam - The tangerine foam is made for light to moderate defect removal and polishing. It has the cutting power just below that of the Lake Country orange light cutting pad, and the tangerine pad leaves a finish like you'd achieve with a gray finishing pad.

Use a finishing polish or fine swirl remover to create a deep gloss. Menzerna Super Finish or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze are two excellent choices for this pad.

Like Lake Country's other premium foam pads, Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads are made with high quality hook and loop backing. The pads work with a 5 or 6 inch hook and loop backing plate. The pads' size is perfect for a dual action or random orbital polisher.

The flat face of the Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads also helps to keep water-based polishes on the surface of the pad. The flat pads maintain full contact with the paint, and they have enough flexibility to hug the curves and contours of your vehicle.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads work with any type of polish but they're pre-polymer composition makes them ideal for water-based polishes. Water-based polishes are used by body shops and paint shops because the oils in silicone-based polishes will interfere with paint. If you want a professional quality finish, water-based polishes applied with applied with Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads are the way to go. They'll save you time and polish!

Post Thanks / Like

How firm are the Cyan pads? Do they compare to firmness of the LC Orange or like a LC white?

I know its a old post but thought this may be a good place to ask, ha.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cyan is definitely on the Orange CCS end of the spectrum in firmness.

I will try to do some kind of test with pressure applied or something to show it.

I really like these pads, but they are very tough to clean out then use again on the same day because they hold so much water.

DLB

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post

I really like these pads, but they are very tough to clean out then use again on the same day because they hold so much water.

DLB
    Have on hand some clean, COTTON hand towels and use these to wring out any excess water from the pads. Cotton aBsorbs well, Microfiber aDsorbs well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post
    The Cyan is definitely on the Orange CCS end of the spectrum in firmness.

I will try to do some kind of test with pressure applied or something to show it.

DLB
    Are they easier to work with than LC Orange? Or the same characteristics as the LC Orange?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Are they easier to work with than LC Orange? Or the same characteristics as the LC Orange?
    I suppose that depends on the products you are using, but with M105 I think the Cyan is easier than the Orange CCS.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Definitely not the same characteristics. I used these pads on my S2000 and a Grand National, and found that they're about the same in terms of ease of use, but they leave a WAY nicer finish. An orange pad with SIP left considerable hazing and swirls in my S2000's paint, and the Cyan pad still removed the same amount of defects, but left VERY minor hazing in comparison to the orange.

I do wish that the velcro backing was a bit stronger as I had one separate on me, but that might be my own fault for ripping it off like a lunatic instead of being gentle.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be using them with Menz. Power Finish and Flex 3403 rotary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    Definitely not the same characteristics. I used these pads on my S2000 and a Grand National, and found that they're about the same in terms of ease of use, but they leave a WAY nicer finish. An orange pad with SIP left considerable hazing and swirls in my S2000's paint, and the Cyan pad still removed the same amount of defects, but left VERY minor hazing in comparison to the orange.

I do wish that the velcro backing was a bit stronger as I had one separate on me, but that might be my own fault for ripping it off like a lunatic instead of being gentle.
    i just used the tangerine with some nano and experienced the same thing. the backing is seperated from the pad but not the whole pad just in the center about a two inch circle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast