autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    by the way.......BEAUTIFUL scenery Jon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    your gonna be sorry. 1st it shows up on the pages of AG selling one of their highly acclaimed products. Next you find strippers and naked models magically photohosted onto the hood, and finally it ends up the background to a Snoop Doggie Dog video. Dont say I didnt warn ya
    LMAO!!!! Yeah, that's what happens alright! Scotty eres un loquito!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by articsilber323
    nice

meghan you will have my review of the sealent once my package finaly arrives

then you can post some example pics of silver cars on ag i never seen any pics of silver cars

o well

-z

great idea............

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, newbie here. I'm a former Zaino user, currently been using Mothers products, but I'm looking for something easier to use, won't leave residue on any black trim and will last a while with a kick butt shine. Will this DP extrem fill the bill for me? Do I need to do a 3 step process like Zaino & Mothers?

I'm interested in trying this product, but I want to do it properly.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy
    Hello all, newbie here. I'm a former Zaino user, currently been using Mothers products, but I'm looking for something easier to use, won't leave residue on any black trim and will last a while with a kick butt shine. Will this DP extrem fill the bill for me? Do I need to do a 3 step process like Zaino & Mothers?

I'm interested in trying this product, but I want to do it properly.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Zaino is a paint sealant (like DP) and offers reflectivity, durability, and gloss. You need to decide if thats what you want. If so, this product, the Klasse Twins, and Poorboys EXP (oops forgot Wolfgang) all fit the bill. None need a catalyst mixed into the product, and all are easy to use. Wolfgang is warmer looking and a little different look.

Now alot of us prefer the look of a carnuaba versus a sealant. The sealant lacks the ability to offer true depth, wetness, but clearly lasts alot longer than a carnuaba. Nobody has ever proven one actually protects better than the other, and for consistent detailers, durability means very little. The best waxes are Souveran Paste, Nattys Blue, Max Wax, and Pinnacle Sig Series II. Clearkotes Carnuaba wax aint to bad neither.

No matter which product you choose, your going to want to follow the proper steps to prep the finish properly. Wash --- Clay ---- Polish --- Protect

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I "won" a bottle of the new sealant and I haven't had a chance to do an entire car with it yet, but I have a question. I was thinking of using the DP Sealant on my girlfriend's brand new black Volvo. Since it's so new I was thinking of preceding the DP with a treatment of CK RMG via PC. I'm just wondering if you think there will be any bonding issues caused by the oils left by RMG. I could always use Poorboy's Pro Polish instead if you think this will be an issue. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is a paint sealant (like DP) and offers reflectivity, durability, and gloss. You need to decide if thats what you want. If so, this product, the Klasse Twins, and Poorboys EXP (oops forgot Wolfgang) all fit the bill. None need a catalyst mixed into the product, and all are easy to use. Wolfgang is warmer looking and a little different look.

Now alot of us prefer the look of a carnuaba versus a sealant. The sealant lacks the ability to offer true depth, wetness, but clearly lasts alot longer than a carnuaba. Nobody has ever proven one actually protects better than the other, and for consistent detailers, durability means very little. The best waxes are Souveran Paste, Nattys Blue, Max Wax, and Pinnacle Sig Series II. Clearkotes Carnuaba wax aint to bad neither.

No matter which product you choose, your going to want to follow the proper steps to prep the finish properly. Wash --- Clay ---- Polish --- Protect
    I understand about the proper steps for the perfect finish. I guess what I'm really trying find out is for those using the DP extreme what products are most of you using for polishing & protecting. As I said earlier I'm currently using Mothers carnuba wax, I like the depth of shine it gives better than the Zaino. I'm just wondering if there is something out there that is better than Mothers Carnuba wax. I work at a steel mill, so i definately need the protection. I have a dark blue Grand Cherokee that constantly needs washing & polishing. My wife has a satin Jade 300c and it's a little more difficult getting that depth of shine on the light color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy
    I understand about the proper steps for the perfect finish. I guess what I'm really trying find out is for those using the DP extreme what products are most of you using for polishing & protecting. As I said earlier I'm currently using Mothers carnuba wax, I like the depth of shine it gives better than the Zaino. I'm just wondering if there is something out there that is better than Mothers Carnuba wax. I work at a steel mill, so i definately need the protection. I have a dark blue Grand Cherokee that constantly needs washing & polishing. My wife has a satin Jade 300c and it's a little more difficult getting that depth of shine on the light color.

I dont wanna toss Mothers under the bus, their Reflections line rocks. That said most of their carnuaba products are cleaner waxes. You will find your way to a better finish by using products that specialize in each area. Here are some favs:

Red Moose Glaze --- Souveran Paste, liquid or Sig Series
    Vanilla Moose Glaze ---- Clearkote Moose Wax, Max Wax, Sig Series
    Poorboys 2.5, 1.0 SSR --- Nattys Blue, Souveran liquid, Souveran paste
    Menzerna --- Souveran Paste, Nattys Blue, Max Wax, Sig Series II

Now if you choose to try the DP Sealant, which is a great synthetic wax. Then consider a polish with no oil content (hard to find) or wipe the car down with alcohol/water prior to the sealant. You like the looks and maximize the sealants durability.

It should also go without saying that a good qd'er + is needed to keep the pop and wax or sealant alive. Many exist , Quikshine and Crystal Mist are two worthy choices for use between wax/sealant sessions.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say that new DP sealant is some really great stuff. I think they struck some oil with its creation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now if you choose to try the DP Sealant, which is a great synthetic wax. Then consider a polish with no oil content (hard to find) or wipe the car down with alcohol/water prior to the sealant. You like the looks and maximize the sealants durability.
    I got DP's Final Finishing Polish. It says it doesn't contain fillers but does contain oils. My plan is to put EX-P or the new DP sealant over it. Even with DP's polish, should I still use an alcohol wipedown before applying the DP sealant? I had assumed that they would've been compatible with no middle steps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast