autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New to detailing

hello everyone. Am very new to car detailing and to forums. Main reason i made account is to get tips on working a 2012 Nissan altima coupe 2.5.. Black paint... lots of swirls... and couple of scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to detailing

Wash and clay your car.

Well you'll need a da. Lots of choices what's your price range? For compounds and polish I hear menzerna is good and I just bought it

You will need to do a IPA wipe down (carpro magic eraser)

Then you can add a coating. (Opti coat) (c-quarts) or (black pinnacle)

Didn't know what you're looking for but I would buy mikes books (auto detailing 101) theres a lot of great info on here too!

If you need anything just ask
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian......whoa Buddy

He said he was new to detailing and you are blasting him with DA, IPA and telling him to jumping right into coatings?

If you can't spell it "c-quarts" and have never used it...why suggest it to a Beginner

Chachi,

Start here Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

Post Thanks / Like

I have the meguiars ulitmate compound, ultimate poilsh and ultimate liquid wax. I will be washing with meguiars ultimate wash and wax. Wanted to stick to the whole ultimate system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Brian......whoa Buddy

He said he was new to detailing and you are blasting him with DA, IPA and telling him to jumping right into coatings?

If you can't spell it "c-quarts" and have never used it...why suggest it to a Beginner

Chachi,

Start here Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

Sorry there's no dash and a z instead of an s. "Sarcastic voice" when did I say I haven't used it? And he's gonna have to buy that stuff some time so I don't think that's "blasting"
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcLeod View Post
    Sorry there's no dash and a z instead of an s. "Sarcastic voice" when did I say I haven't used it? And he's gonna have to buy that stuff some time so I don't think that's "blasting"
    A big part of public speaking or conversing on a Forum is knowing your audience

The OP said he was a beginner. You are throwing around acronyms that you should know might be confusing to someone just starting out

I understand that you are excited to share the knowledge that you have

Have you used a CQuartz coating? Which one?

Why is he "gonna have to buy that stuff sometime"?

Post Thanks / Like

New to detailing

A big part of public speaking or conversing on a Forum is knowing your audience

The OP said he was a beginner. You are throwing around acronyms that you should know might be confusing to someone just starting out

I understand that you are excited to share the knowledge that you have

Have you used a CQuartz coating? Which one?

Why is he "gonna have to buy that stuff sometime"?

Well he's going to have to buy some kind of compound or polish bc he's aid he said he had swirl marks. And as you know after you do that you need to do the rest of the steps.

he is also going to have to buy a da because he asked on another thread bc he posted about it and I know you know bc you commented on it.

Look on the top shelf to the left

Post Thanks / Like

Brian......whoa Buddy

Chachi,

Good link. Lots of good info.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi94 View Post
    I have the meguiars ulitmate compound, ultimate poilsh and ultimate liquid wax. I will be washing with meguiars ultimate wash and wax. Wanted to stick to the whole ultimate system.
    These are great to work with. The only recommendation from me is to get some applicator pads and don't forget to clay after you wash.

Here's another good thread on working by hand.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-machine.html

Post Thanks / Like

New to detailing

New to detailing-imageuploadedbyagonline1422338687-001794-jpg

There's no point of having this discussion . But ever since you found out I was young it seems like you think I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just trying to help people out like others have before to me.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcLeod View Post
    New to detailing-imageuploadedbyagonline1422338687-001794-jpg

There's no point of having this discussion . But ever since you found out I was young it seems like you think I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just trying to help people out like others have before to me.
    You didn't have to tell me you were young, I already knew that

I understand that you are trying to help, but you tend to speak in absolutes, which can lead people down the wrong path

You can burn paint with a DA; people have been doing it for decades

I don't view any of your photos because you are too lazy to upload them properly and use thumbnails

Login - AutogeekOnline Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast