autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Hybrid

Aloha,

I got a couple correction jobs in October and I'm looking at the hybrid pads AG has for sale, specifically the 6 pack.

Looking at getting 2 orange, 2 white and 2 black. Am I set or should I get more or different pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Lustrous Detail View Post
    Aloha,

I got a couple correction jobs in October and I'm looking at the hybrid pads AG has for sale, specifically the 6 pack.

Looking at getting 2 orange, 2 white and 2 black. Am I set or should I get more or different pads.
    What size? Is it for the Flex 3401? If so then you will have a great addition to the Flex 3401 either the 5" Pads or 6.5". I prefer the 6.5" but do have the 5" with the Lake Country 4" BP.

I would look into getting the Red Pad and Gold Pad as they are softer than the Black Pad
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Aloha,

I love the hybrids, but they would need frequent cleaning and rotating if you only have two of each. I find that that they hold water a little too well when I use my pad washer and take a while to dry even after spinning them; so I would say at least 4 of each you plan to use regularly so you can let them air dry adequately.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Aloha,

Because you have a couple (meaning more than one) correction details, I would pick up at least another 6 pack of the same corresponding colors, maybe go a tad heavier on Orange and White. Pick up a RED pad for applying a wax or sealant too.

Pads take a beating when removing swirls, water spots, oxidation, etc. Not only will you want to change to a fresh pad often, you'll want to retain each pad's mechanical cutting ability so they actually work as intended. The more you use a cutting pad, the softer it becomes, thus losing some of its cut. If you don't have one already, be sure to pick up a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush as well.

What do foam/wool/microfiber pads and microfiber towels have in common? You can never have too many of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Because you have a couple (meaning more than one) correction details, I would pick up at least another 6 pack of the same corresponding colors, maybe go a tad heavier on Orange and White. Pick up a RED pad for applying a wax or sealant too.

Pads take a beating when removing swirls, water spots, oxidation, etc. Not only will you want to change to a fresh pad often, you'll want to retain each pad's mechanical cutting ability so they actually work as intended. The more you use a cutting pad, the softer it becomes, thus losing some of its cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    What size? Is it for the Flex 3401? If so then you will have a great addition to the Flex 3401 either the 5" Pads or 6.5". I prefer the 6.5" but do have the 5" with the Lake Country 4" BP.

I would look into getting the Red Pad and Gold Pad as they are softer than the Black Pad
    Yes it's for my Flex 3401. I have both the stock backplate and 4inch BP. I'm leaning for towards the 5 inch pads.

Post Thanks / Like

The Hybrid Pads are designed for the Flex 3401 and it will do wonders for your Machine!! I usually buy them when there is a sale. BTW this goes for the 5" or 6.5" Pads!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

Thanks for the recommendations! 4 orange, 4 white, 2 red, 1 black and 1 gold? Totalling 12.

Pads take a beating when removing swirls, water spots, oxidation, etc. Not only will you want to change to a fresh pad often, you'll want to retain each pad's mechanical cutting ability so they actually work as intended. The more you use a cutting pad, the softer it becomes, thus losing some of its cut. If you don't have one already, be sure to pick up a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush as well.

What do foam/wool/microfiber pads and microfiber towels have in common? You can never have too many of them.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recommendations! 4 orange, 4 white, 2 red, 1 black and 1 gold? Totalling 12.
    I would do...

4 Orange, 4 White, 2 Black, 1 Red, 1 Gold

Post Thanks / Like

The more you rotate them out the longer they last as they don't take the abuse. I generally use four for each polishing step on an average sized vehicle.

To clean my pads I hit mine with Pinnacle XMT pad cleaner and tossem in the washing machine, it works great accept wife hates it as the washing machine smells like polish LOL. I throw a tide washing machine cleaner pak in for a cycle and all is well.

Aloha Bruddah.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast