autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

D2G Review: Flex XC 3401

Well I know there's not alot more that can be said about this polisher, other wise it wouldn't of started such a fire in the detailing industry! This is just another man's take on such a great machine.

Let me start you with a brief history of my machines that I have used since going professional in detailing. First off was the Cyclo... this was a great machine IMO for wax application, not enough speed for correction, and if you wanted to correct... well lets say you could do a panel in about 6 hrs!
    I did own a DeWalt rotary but was too scared to pull it out of the box and use it. So I sold it... then became a part of AG, and realized the potential with a rotary.

Then came the big UDM craze. And like many others I jumped on board. Don't get me wrong, this is a great machine compared to the cyclo. Faster correction time, easy to use and pretty much fool proof. But there had to be more... I kept eying the Metabo but could never commit to the price.

Well my good buddy Wolfpacker92 one day posted this outrageous post on the Flex. I'm thinking "Flex?" And slowly but surely other flex users were coming out of the woodworks telling how great this machine was. That is was a RO with the correcting ability of a Rotary, but less chance of a screw up i.e. holograms, or burning through paint. So I kept researching and reading other reviews and they were all great. Only issue with some was the backing plate (which my flex came with the 5.5). And I can honestly say this machine is for now, everything it's cracked up to be.

With what little time I had today, I polished half of my wife's hood on her corolla. I used a orange lo pro pad, 106ff.
    The two thing i love most about this machine is placement of speed control, and that with the trigger you can control speed. So I can initally set the speed to 6... but with the trigger pulled slightly I can begin to work in the polish, then add more pressure and begin to actually polish, then back off the trigger to add brilliant shine! And it definately creates enough heat to break down the polishes... i polished a small area longer then i should of and it was warm, good thing.

The only "bad" thing about the flex, is on speed 1... there is alot of vibration. Not enough to make you not like the machine, but quite noticable. I have yet to wax a vehicle with the Flex, but will post thoughts back on this thread as soon as they become available.

And for those of you who are on backorder... trust me, you will gladly wait for this, instead of settling for a udm or pc. they will be collecting dust when this comes into your garage and collection
    Last edited by Dust2Glory; 12-16-2007 at 01:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: D2G Review: Flex XC 3401

Thanks for the review. So when do I get to try it out? LOL
    You need to have me make a video of you using it.
    Oh, that font sucks!!!! hahahaha
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone going to do a review of the flex vs a rotary, Maybe the Makita 9227c
    Well .... lets just say that a new Ferrari 430 Spyder was delivered to me last week. In that week I would have drove it by all those previous girlfriends who said I would never make it

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the review. is there anyway possible of posting a video of it in action? i've seen one video already (from DU), but i am sure others would like to see more...

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. I've been wanting to hear more about the Flex. I know there are a lot of people like me who want more info, and i think you've just provided good info in the way I would've done had i bought the Flex and had to offer my views as well
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a review. I'm thinking of getting one as soon as they become available...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

thanks man im just waiting for them to come in!
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting till after the holidays when stock is replenished. Thanks for the great review!

Kent - We need a MACA detail day? Are you up for that?

I'm sure we could get Gary, Scott (getblown2K3) and the two f us and have some fun!

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    thanks for the review. is there anyway possible of posting a video of it in action? i've seen one video already (from DU), but i am sure others would like to see more...
    You know what... I think i can help you with that. my mom bought my sister an old aerostar van... it's black with lots of oxidation!!! perfect vehicle!! i think i can get some footage up by the weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesselyons2002 View Post
    Is anyone going to do a review of the flex vs a rotary, Maybe the Makita 9227c
    RO and rotarys have their own places... you can't really compare the two. I think in reality nothing will beat a roatry... but the Flex does come close. Like i said, it's alot safer, for those people who don't have the time or don't want to use a rotary all together. This won't correct as fast as a rotary, but definately faster then pc or udm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast