autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pad Washer class review

Well Ag brought out all there cool products on Sunday's 102 class.Paint meter,all the new rotarys and polishers and products to use and try.Well another one worth looking into was there Pad washer setup.It would of been nice if we had a video camera there to show how well it works.Just fill up the bucket to a certain point,Open the half moon cover place the rotary or pc in the top close the cover turn the machine on push down and lift up while you have the machine on .When you pump the machine up and down water squirts on the pad and the grit guard cleans the pad.Takes a few seconds lift up on the machine run the machine it slings off the excess water,remove from the bucket and run the pad on the top of the lid there is another guard run the pad on that it drys it even more and done.

I see alot of guys complaining about pads gummy up and needing at least 4 to 5 of each color pad to do a detail.After seeing this cleaner work i bet you wouldn't need so many pads and actually i feel it would help the pads last longer.The whole process took less then a minute to use.And great results.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pad Washer class review

What are the disadvantages of using a wet pad to complete a detail? A PC or flex would not spin it dry like a rotary would. Did you guys use the pads wet?

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and wouldn't be caught without it. Its really a must have for anyone that details several cars
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    What are the disadvantages of using a wet pad to complete a detail? A PC or flex would not spin it dry like a rotary would. Did you guys use the pads wet?
    The pads are damp not soaking wet. You want to have the pad a little damp so you can work the compound/polish in longer so there is not a disadvantage using the pad cleaner. It helps by keeping the pads clean allowing them to do there job much better. I am deff getting this along with the Flex lightweight and Flex DA. I need to replace my old PC
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    If you either sling any excess water out of the pad using your polisher and/or remove any excess water manually by wringing your pad out by hand, there's not enough water to have any negative effect on any process you're performing. The exception "might" be if you're applying a finishing wax or paint sealant but in the real world you're not cleaning your pad when applying a finishing wax or paint sealant because you're not removing paint thus there is no product residue on the face of the pad.

We never used the pads wet, but we did use pads that were damp. There's a difference.

The important point to keep in mind is that every time I've witnessed someone cleaning a used pad with a pad washer the comments are all pretty much the same...

Dang! That' works great!

Next to the investment of a machine, the next most important investment a person can make is in a Pad Washer.

I'm still on the road and away from the office but tomorrow I'll start posting pictures from the Sunday Advanced Class which include pictures of the Students using the Pad Washer to clean used pads.

Pictures & Comments from October 4th, 2009 Sunday Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

Post Thanks / Like

Well you know, I'm glad to read that as I'm just looking at placing an order for a 230v Flex at the moment.

I was considering adding a pad washer to my order, but now I think I really will have to give it some serious consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really use my polisher that much. I'm about to get pretty busy doing a pre-winter detail for a bunch of my family cars, but that's the exception. I'm wondering if I could modify a grit guard somehow to get a similar type tool for cleaning pads. Being a hobby detailer, it's hard to justify that much for a tool that I will rarely use.

But in hindsight, most of my products fall into that category because once I find a certain product that rocks... That will leave 4 or 5 products that do the same thing, that go on the back burner. I think I need a psychiatrist, my brain is a mess lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Veo View Post
    I don't really use my polisher that much. I'm about to get pretty busy doing a pre-winter detail for a bunch of my family cars, but that's the exception. I'm wondering if I could modify a grit guard somehow to get a similar type tool for cleaning pads. Being a hobby detailer, it's hard to justify that much for a tool that I will rarely use.

But in hindsight, most of my products fall into that category because once I find a certain product that rocks... That will leave 4 or 5 products that do the same thing, that go on the back burner. I think I need a psychiatrist, my brain is a mess lol.
    I'm sure you can come up with something but that's whats nice about the one they sale all of the r&d has all ready been done and works the why it should.I'm in the same boat as you to justifie spending over $100.00 for one.All i know it works,
    maybe wait and see if they go on some sort of sale.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

The pad washer is worth the money!! Plain and simple. And if you HATE cleaning pads, this will change that. This is the one product you will not be hating after you buy it.

Colin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
    The pad washer is worth the money!! Plain and simple. And if you HATE cleaning pads, this will change that. This is the one product you will not be hating after you buy it.

Colin
    Another happy user of the pad washer.Keep the list going !!
    Lamborghini Broward

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast