autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments from October 4th, 2009 Sunday Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

Pictures & Comments from October 4th, 2009 Sunday Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

Everything is set-up and ready to go! Coffee will be hot! Donuts will be fresh!

October 4th, 2009 Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

The emphasis here will be to build on what you learn in our Detailing 101 class by learning how to wet-sand by hand and machine and then how to successfully remove your sanding marks using a rotary buffer and then polish the paint to perfection using a dual action polisher.

Nikken Finishing Papers - Backing Pads and Fresh Water Supply for Hand Sanding

Air powered DA Sanders - 3M Trizact Sanding Discs & Mirka Abralon Sanding Discs

Compounds, Wool Cutting Pads, Rotary Buffers

The PosiTest Paint Thickness Gauge

These classes are always so much fun not only do you get to learn a lot of tips and techniques for polishing paint but you always get to meet great new people.

If you couldn't make it to either of these classes, be sure to clear your schedule for 2010

See everyone on Sunday morning starting at 8:00am!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments from October 4th, 2009 Sunday Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

Thank you to everyone that attended today, I hope you all had as much fun as I had!

The goal was to bring-up your comfort level as well as your skill level when it comes to hand sanding, machine sanding, using a rotary buffer and then polishing paint to a swirl-free finish. I feel confident everyone reached these goals today, I hope you all feel the same way. It was great meeting and working with you all, I hope to see you all on the forum into the future!

Here's a parting shot from the end of the class, I'll try to upload the rest of the photos later tonight or tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments from October 4th, 2009 Sunday Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

Just got in from the class today.Just wanted to Thank Mike and the staff of AG for having a class on a Sunday.Jason and Dwayne went out of there way to stay and fill orders that we were able to make after the class .Megan also stopped by to say hello.And the big boss Max also stopped in.I don't know many places that would open on a Sunday and even have a staff come in and pull orders.They really go out of there way to make sure everyone leaves with a smile on there face.As far as the class i guess i expected more at the time i signed up.Once the class started i came to realize there is only so many hours in the day and with 9 of us there it would be very hard to cover so many different aspects of paint correction.But what Mike set out too do i feel he covered all those areas and then some.Everyone in the class had too wet sand by hand and by machine.And yes i said had too Mike made sure everyone did both we had two hoods there so that increased the comfort zone knowing if we made a mistake we could work it out.Ag supplied anything Mike needed for the class ,Every machine they sell we got to use.Which was great .I think Ag needs to continue with some form of class where you spend a full day just honing in on certain areas lets say one day is just Wool /Rotary next class maybe using the different pads they sell.Maybe keeping the class amount a little smaller then the 101/102 class if they start a specialized class.I would even go out on a limb and say people would even pay for this kind of class i know i would.It's hard to keep track of 10 people using four machines buffing and polishing all at the same time plus teaching at the same time but Mike kept up with everyone and answered any questions that would pop up and made sure everyone understood what was going on.All in all i learned alot and look forward to more classes.Thanks again to AG
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to thank Mike for teaching the class and AG for having it. Jason and Dwayne were there filling out everyone order and being very helpful answering questions about products.

If you have already taken the 101 class I highly recommend this class to anyone. It will raise your confidence level alot. You are taught the basics to wet sanding with a DA and by hand. You get to use a rotory and are taught what to do and what not to do. The class was great. If you are on the fence about taking the class take it. YOu will be very pleased with the class. Mike is a great guy to learn from and full of knowledge.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone enjoyed that class, was nice to peak in and see you all playing on those hoods. Looking forward to future classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like everyone had fun I didn't make it today since, for some reason my IPhone alarm didn't go off. So I didn't wake up till 9:30am. I'll just have to sign up for the next one in two weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use a PC7424 to wetsand with or do you need to have an air driven DA?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    It can be done but not recommended water + electric = bad idea
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to thank Mike and the staff @ Autogeek for giving highly informative & interesting classes. Both classes, Detailing 101, & 102 were great! I will definitely be there for any other classes that can be offered! Highly recommended for anyone interested in keeping their car or truck looking good.Great job guys! Brian Taylor

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Besides the water/electricity issue, the stroke for air powered DA sanders is much smaller or shorter than the stroke or orbit for polishers like the PC, Griot's and G110

When sanding automotive paints you want to use a finishing sander, with a small stroke or orbit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast