autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sealant for me?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealant for me?

I've used nxt 2.0 and I just applied collinite 845 on the car recently.

I am interested in wowa sealants but most of them I see terrible water characteristics (water is slow to slip off the panel).

I like collinite 845 cause it slips water like zymol glasur.

I live in Las Vegas heat and I don't know if collinite 845 would even survive long. I do have gloss coat from optimum that I have not tried yet but right now I'm interested in wowa sealants.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I want something easy that what applying every 3 months is not an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant for me?

BlackFire Crystal Seal is a great WOWA sealant and is very easy to apply.
    Product Review: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    BlackFire Crystal Seal is a great WOWA sealant and is very easy to apply.
    Product Review: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal

^^ This. I use it frequently. Works great. If you're an Optimum fan their product works the same. I have both and notice little to no difference.

The best tip is to use a virgin foam pad when applying it. Keep that pad in a clean container after so that reuse is a snap too. I've tried to wash and reuse such pads in the past but with no success. Virgin seems to be the way to go in order for it to flash clear or you'll be left going over it to remove streaks.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddetailer View Post

I am interested in wowa sealants but most of them I see terrible water characteristics (water is slow to slip off the panel).

I live in Las Vegas heat and I don't know if collinite 845 would even survive long. I do have gloss coat from optimum that I have not tried yet but right now I'm interested in wowa sealants.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I want something easy that what applying every 3 months is not an issue.
    845 with very little soap will be your best bet as far as cost.I was taking care of a s430 merc and got almost 5 months hydrophobic.no matter what you use coating wax seal they all need proper maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like

You could also try fleet wax by collinite .

Post Thanks / Like

I use 476S and 885 in the Phoenix area and no durability problems. I re-do around 9 Months because I get nervous. I know the tin states at least a year but when it has to survive 110+ on a daily basis and the summer monsoons it makes me feel better. I just did the RV with 885 for the coming bakeathon as the previous coat was 10 Months ago. I have to do the Wife's van before the end of April or sooner and that will carry me through November at least. If I get nervous at that time I throw a coat of 845 to carry me into the March, April applications of 476S and 885. I almost have this down to a science I have dabbled with 915 but no durability tests although glfnaz I believe has it on one of his vehicles and last I read he really liked it.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

right now I'm interested in wowa sealants.
    I'll suggest: Optimum Opti-Seal.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I use 476S and 885 in the Phoenix area and no durability problems. I re-do around 9 Months because I get nervous. I know the tin states at least a year but when it has to survive 110+ on a daily basis and the summer monsoons it makes me feel better. I just did the RV with 885 for the coming bakeathon as the previous coat was 10 Months ago. I have to do the Wife's van before the end of April or sooner and that will carry me through November at least. If I get nervous at that time I throw a coat of 845 to carry me into the March, April applications of 476S and 885. I almost have this down to a science I have dabbled with 915 but no durability tests although glfnaz I believe has it on one of his vehicles and last I read he really liked it.

Dave
    simply can not beat that product,I would put it up against anything.for 10 bucks you got long durability and shine and a company that's been around for ever.

Post Thanks / Like

OPT Opti-Seal & WG Deep Gloss Sealant are both super easy, look awesome and hold up well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    simply can not beat that product,I would put it up against anything.for 10 bucks you got long durability and shine and a company that's been around for ever.
    For a company that has been around over 75 years it sure isn't because they are selling junk. No fancy logo/bottles etc., it just works at a reasonable price.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast