autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You know they sell pole saws over at Home Depot...just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You know they sell pole saws over at Home Depot...just sayin'.
    Honestly...I Googled how to kill trees the other day but they've got a dog, so no harsh chemicalsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️I read about vinegar but these are average sized trees. I wanna hammer something into it and BADDA BINGWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, if it's just overhanging branches, maybe you can prune them or have them pruned. I feel for you, I had a friend who had a big pine tree in his front yard and after I while I figured out where all those sticky spots were coming from on my car--and started parking down the street. That was a huge tree, probably 50 ft tall, so pruning wasn't going to help.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent yesterday morning mixing up and topping off several of my liquids and then I got my towel bins out and staged, my wheel bucket set up, mitts and brushes ready, etc for an epic first full maintenance wash on the big car after I got back from taking the boss for her mani-pedi

By the time we left for her appointment it was snowing in the mountains and flakes were falling at the house although it was too warm to stick

By the time we got back there was a good coating on the lower slopes that had already cleared over the past couple of weeks and it was mid 30s and sleeting here

I woke up early to 30 degrees and mixed sleet and snow sticking to the ground and more sleet/snow/rain forecast for the rest of the day

Oh well

This was yesterday evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Big Dave, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I spent yesterday morning mixing up and topping off several of my liquids and then I got my towel bins out and staged, my wheel bucket set up, mitts and brushes ready, etc for an epic first full maintenance wash on the big car after I got back from taking the boss for her mani-pedi

By the time we left for her appointment it was snowing in the mountains and flakes were falling at the house although it was too warm to stick

By the time we got back there was a good coating on the lower slopes that had already cleared over the past couple of weeks and it was mid 30s and sleeting here

I woke up early to 30 degrees and mixed sleet and snow sticking to the ground and more sleet/snow/rain forecast for the rest of the day

Oh well

This was yesterday evening

I hit like because of the picture, we never get snow here, the nearest in winter is about 500 miles from me, and the closest thing to mountains is some big hills. Sorry your plans were disrupted.

I haven't planned anything for a couple of weeks, too much rain, and more predicted at least till next week. I was going to pressure wash the wheels and wheel wells, but I'm driving through mud again tomorrow. Ditto on the oh well.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I hit like because of the picture, we never get snow here, the nearest in winter is about 500 miles from me, and the closest thing to mountains is some big hills. Sorry your plans were disrupted.

I haven't planned anything for a couple of weeks, too much rain, and more predicted at least till next week. I was going to pressure wash the wheels and wheel wells, but I'm driving through mud again tomorrow. Ditto on the oh well.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    We are supposed to get started on a fence tomorrow, the contractor is supposed to start getting holes dug and posts set and I bet this disrupts his schedule

They can probably still auger the holes unless it's simply too slick for his equipment (I am assuming he has a skid steer with a powered auger) but not sure about mixing and pouring the cement

I can't conceive of living without mountains around me

We had to for 2 years when we lived in Kentucky (93-94) and it drove me nuts not having mountains to orient myself

10. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh come on Chilly, you stole that picture off an Alaska tourism website.

Sorry your wash plans got scrubbed.

EDIT: There aren't mountains in KY? The only time I've been in KY was at the Cincinnati airport.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh come on Chilly, you stole that picture off an Alaska tourism website.

Sorry your wash plans got scrubbed.

EDIT: There aren't mountains in KY? The only time I've been in KY was at the Cincinnati airport.
    There are some hills in Kentucky but after growing up and living in the mountains of West Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, and Alaska it’s hard to call them anything but foothills

I just looked it up and the highest “peak” in Kentucky is only 4,145 feet above sea level and only 2,500 feet above the surrounding countryside

On a nice day I can drive just a few miles north and see Denali, which is 20’000 feet

The peak in my earlier picture, Matanuska Peak, is a little over 6,000 feet and is just barely visible in the right of the picture and it’s backed up by even higher mountains

We lived in Lexington and there were rolling low hills and “hollers” and you could be driving and get down in the hollers and have zero idea which way you were going because of no mountains to orient yourself

I guess like so many things it’s a matter of perspective

14. Thanks Big Dave, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy, you've been around the block, Chilly. And I agree, perspective is very important.

16. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy, you've been around the block, Chilly. And I agree, perspective is very important.
    I guess I should add I was born and lived my first 4 years in Japan and lived in upstate New York for the next 4 years as well before we moved out west

So yeah, I have been around a very big block

18. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1217 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 21771711171167120712081209121012111212121312141215121612171218121912201221122212231224 LastLast