autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex 3401VRG or the New Rupes???

I know the answer but need some reassurance, Mike had suggested I get the flex and I have decided to go ahead but have heard that a new and improved Rupes Big foot is out.

Is it better than the flex, does it also have forced rotation etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

If going for the Flex I will be getting the Lake Country backing plate adapter so it can take the smaller pads, which are easier to work with and cheaper too! Flex 3401VRG or the New Rupes???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401VRG or the New Rupes???

The Rupes Bigfoot isn't forced rotation like the Flex 3401. The Rupes Bigfoot is a random orbital polisher with a 21mm or a 15mm throw.

The new Rupes is the Mark II. It's the same as the original Bigfoots in terms of mechanism but the Mark IIs have added more efficiency to increase pad rotation when you encounter concave surfaces.

IMO, it's just personal preference. There are some people who like the forced rotation nature of the Flex 3401. There are some people who like the smoothness and ease of use of the Rupes Bigfoot. The best thing for you is to go to your local detailing store (if you have one) and try both.

You really can't go wrong with either one.

I myself prefer the Rupes Bigfoot over the Flex 3401. I sold my Flex 3401 to get the Rupes Bigfoot and I'm so glad I did.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both and the Rupes MKII is significantly more powerful than the 3401 not to mention much smoother.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i recently bought the bigfoot mark 2 it is awesome you have the whole system and what rupes really takes care of the people who buy their tools i am glad i own it .

Post Thanks / Like

Mike any suggestions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    I have both and the Rupes MKII is significantly more powerful than the 3401 not to mention much smoother.
    So you are saying more powerful as in you cant stop it as you cant with the FLEX?
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suf420 View Post
    I know the answer but need some reassurance, Mike had suggested I get the flex and I have decided to go ahead but have heard that a new and improved Rupes Big foot is out.

Is it better than the flex, does it also have forced rotation etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

If going for the Flex I will be getting the Lake Country backing plate adapter so it can take the smaller pads, which are easier to work with and cheaper too! Flex 3401VRG or the New Rupes???
    Of course I am not Mike, but the first question that would be asked is, "What kind of work will you be doing?"

I am a mobile detailer. At one point I had owned the Flex. Sold that to get the new Rupes 15 MKII.

Though the Rupes is great, I ultimately miss having the Flex for the simple fact, as it has been said MANY times, "POWERS THROUGH A DETAIL."

I also mentioned in a different thread how I am actually saving money to get "Flexified"again.

Rupes, because of the NON-forced rotation, requires more "feathering". It is just he nature of the machine. Something that will also be mentioned is, with sufficient time behind the tool (meaning hours using the tool in the real word) you can become a pro with the Rupes.

The honest truth is, I have my days where I say to myself, "O how I love this thing."

MOST days I say to myself, "I MISS THAT GOOD OLE' FLEX!"

— my opinion
    —my two cents

HAPPY DETAILING!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    So you are saying more powerful as in you cant stop it as you cant with the FLEX?
    Its a mission to stall it and on the rare occasion it just orbits the correction is still there. Rupes really outdid themselves with these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Of course I am not Mike, but the first question that would be asked is, "What kind of work will you be doing?"

I am a mobile detailer. At one point I had owned the Flex. Sold that to get the new Rupes 15 MKII.

Though the Rupes is great, I ultimately miss having the Flex for the simple fact, as it has been said MANY times, "POWERS THROUGH A DETAIL."

I also mentioned in a different thread how I am actually saving money to get "Flexified"again.

Rupes, because of the NON-forced rotation, requires more "feathering". It is just he nature of the machine. Something that will also be mentioned is, with sufficient time behind the tool (meaning hours using the tool in the real word) you can become a pro with the Rupes.

The honest truth is, I have my days where I say to myself, "O how I love this thing."

MOST days I say to myself, "I MISS THAT GOOD OLE' FLEX!"

— my opinion
    —my two cents

HAPPY DETAILING!
    Hi buddy! Well here goes.

I have three cars at home.

1) Audi A8 - Mine.

2) Range Rover Sport (to be prepped and sold by mid September - Replaced by 2016 Audi Q7 - Younger Brothers.

3) Mercedes E220 Convertible - Youngest brothers.

The paint on all cars is oxidised and has swirls, I want achieve maximum paint correction and restore the gloss to 99.99٪‏ (if possible).

I will be getting the following pads and polishes, please feel free to comment and suggest or add/remove items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast