autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PB Natty Blue paste or liquid?

Hello, i've read a lot of reviews about PB Natty Blue paste and the new liquid, and right now i have PB Natty Blue paste the 32oz tub size and these would be my questions

1. I've read somewhere that the Liquid version gives a darker look compared to the paste version, and that it is much more like Natty's Red

Is this true? I just want to know if both would have the exact same look that i love from the Natty Blue paste, or if its more of a Natty's Red look, i guess i just want other people to confirm if there are any difference or none at all?

2. If i was going to wax lets say 10 cars a week, and lets say the size of the car would be somewhere Honda CRV size, what would be more economical for me? getting the Poorboys 32oz tub? or get the Liquid Natty Blue in gallon?

3. Also this might sound a little off topic, but generally when using a liquid wax, how much wax do you guys use? my batting average is at around 3/4 oz per car, i measure it with a measuring syringe, and this is for vehicles the size of Honda CRVs

nearly thats the same amount i use when i use, Liquid Souveran, Collinite 845, NXT, and Mothers Synwax.

Am i using too much? reason why im asking is also related to my second question since they claim that the 32oz tub of natty's blue paste is able to cover more than 100 cars im thinking if the gallon size of natty's blue liquid can give me around 160 applications. or a better and simpler question would be how much applications can you cover an average size car with a 16oz bottle of a liquid wax?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB Natty Blue paste or liquid?

I've been applying waxes longer than some here have been alive and the best product that's come along in a long time is the DA polisher. Allot of the waxes I use now are liquids. Other than small hard to get to areas I apply all my sealants and waxes with my Porter cable 7424.

If there's a problem using a particular wax, 9 times out of 10 is because it's been applied too thick. Applying wax with a DA polisher allows me to lay down and work in a super thin coat of wax. Thin is in and this is all that's needed to provide both protection and a great shine.

Thin is in and thick wastes product...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

i have found a couple liquids i love. pin liq souverain and collinite 845. both are easy and give great results. i now find myself putting paste onto the da pad just to get the thin. it also helps with my arthritis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    i have found a couple liquids i love. pin liq souverain and collinite 845. both are easy and give great results. i now find myself putting paste onto the da pad just to get the thin. it also helps with my arthritis.
    I hear you Dave!

I still use paste on occasion but I brush it on the pad with a 1 1/2" brush first.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go: Review: Liquid Natty’s Blue

Theres a few pics in there of the 2 side by side. I saw no darkening from one relative to the other. If you want to apply by machine: Liquid is easier to me
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply guys!

Actually im quite familiar with applying waxes liquid and paste either via hand or PC application

my primary concern is that i want to know if the liquid and paste version of Natty blue have any significant difference in terms of look and darkening effect

my second concern is which would be more economical in natty blue's case, getting the 32oz tub or the gallon size?

and lastly i kinda want to know how much applications you get from a 16 oz bottle OR approximately how much products you use if you are using a liquid wax like in terms of oz maybe?

so based on your replies am i applying too thick? im under the impression that i was applying thin already

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    I hear you Dave!

I still use paste on occasion but I brush it on the pad with a 1 1/2" brush first.
    wow thats a great way to apply paste waxes versus using my method which is applying by scraping a little products and spreading it like butter on bread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madkatz View Post
    my primary concern is that i want to know if the liquid and paste version of Natty blue have any significant difference in terms of look and darkening effect
    Simple answer is no

my second concern is which would be more economical in natty blue's case, getting the 32oz tub or the gallon size?
    I would think the gallon of liquid would do more cars.

and lastly i kinda want to know how much applications you get from a 16 oz bottle OR approximately how much products you use if you are using a liquid wax like in terms of oz maybe?
    I use on average less then 1oz of liquid wax per car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Here you go: Review: Liquid Natty’s Blue

Theres a few pics in there of the 2 side by side. I saw no darkening from one relative to the other. If you want to apply by machine: Liquid is easier to me

Thanks Corey!

actually i already saw that review, and very good and complete review there

so i guess your answer would be that both liquid and paste version looks the same, unlike the proposed other review i read that liquid darkens the paint?

One thing also, since you have both the liquid and paste version of natty blue, and i think the paste you have is the 8oz tub, which among the two would give you more applications basing on the way you used natty blue liquid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Simple answer is no

I would think the gallon of liquid would do more cars.

I use on average less then 1oz of liquid wax per car.
    Thanks!

I guess i would be looking to purchase a gallon soon then

as with the usage in terms of liquid wax, im quite sure it should be less than 1 oz, im actually thinking if by any chance people could get around 160 application for a liquid wax gallon, i was actually able to get 150 to 160 applications per gallon with both Liquid souveran and WG deep gloss sealant which is like .75oz or around 20 to 22ml per SUV

the reason why i was asking people around how much products they use it because the other day i saw a guy apply KSG using only 12ml for a Toyota Land Cruiser, and about 15ml when he topped it with DP Poli-coat

this is the reason why i was thinking i might still be applying too much, i mean i was surprised at how little he used to apply, and i thought how i apply waxes were thin at .75oz per mid size SUV, i guess im doing something wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast