autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365

For the cost and effortless application you can't beat paint protect, still looking at what kind of longevity I can get here in kansas

Post Thanks / Like

It's too easy!
    Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365-imageuploadedbyagonline1477599049-701195-jpgNeed tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365-imageuploadedbyagonline1477599479-903420-jpgNeed tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365-imageuploadedbyagonline1477599534-756854-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365

Quote Originally Posted by ChiBears View Post
    I bought Paint Protect mainly due to the low price relative to the claimed longevity. The actual shine and ease of washing has been impressive. I don't expect a full years worth of protection. I was planning on putting a second coat on before winter, but after 3-4 months the paint is still beading well. I may just leave it alone.

My paint seems to bead well. I have seem several videos showing more sheeting. It may be sensitive to the application conditions. I will admit that I applied it pretty heavy and in full sun. So far, I'm very happy with PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    For the cost and effortless application you can't beat paint protect, still looking at what kind of longevity I can get here in kansas
    How often are you guys washing the vehicle?
    On my test subject, I applied it, saw the vehicle 6 weeks later and it beaded prior to the wash... Another 6 weeks went by and I washed it again and there were no beads in sight. Completely gone. Flat. Dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    On my test subject, I applied it, saw the vehicle 6 weeks later and it beaded prior to the wash... Another 6 weeks went by and I washed it again and there were no beads in sight. Completely gone. Flat. Dead.
    Was it washed at all within those 6 weeks before you washed it?

Post Thanks / Like

PP is an excellent product for the price. Im almost sure it said to prepare paint before applying right on the bottle, but in any case, you should such as IPA wipedowns.

I applied it in the early summer and results were fantastic. Easy on, applied thing, ,let it haze a bit per directions and then wipe off which is easy. Felt it was even easier than wax and alot of water bead. Smell is strong though
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Was it washed at all within those 6 weeks before you washed it?
    Nope. Nobody touches that vehicle except me. I wash it every 6 weeks like clockwork, and every time I get it the interior is thrashed. Lol.
    It's that same blue Honda that I did the 50/50 with Griots Boss Finishing Sealant on the other side.. Megs Paint Protect at least made it till the 1st wash, but it disappeared soon after.

I haven't been able to check the progress on the red Toyota Tacoma that I applied it on... The owner's being a cheap *** and keeps giving me excuses everytime I offer to wash and re wax it.. It's been just over 3 months and it looks like they're going the route of letting their little trucks paint go down the tubes again. Smh.

Post Thanks / Like

It probably has some built up contaminants and road grime from not being washed weekly. The rain didn't help either.

You could try adding a little APC into your wash to see if it restores it. But it may deplete it a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it on 4 customer cars right now and I'm going to be doing all the maintenance washes on them, I'll see how it holds up

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I have it on a daily driver. I wash when it is noticably dirty, so not on a schedule. I have two bucket washed about 4 times and did some touch-up with D114 on several occations. I used Meguiars waterless wash and wax on one of the quarterpanels to see if there was a difference in shine or beading, but did not notice an improvement.
    I'm very happy with the performance so far.

Post Thanks / Like

The product is kind of a hidden gem in a way. A bit difficult to use and get right, but it does exactly as it claims.

A week after application:

It lasted for over a year on the roof and hood. About 10 months on the sides of the car that saw the most road grime and mag chloride in the winter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast