autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Chrysler 300 Detailing Class at Autogeek

How many of you have machine compounded and polished a classic Chrysler 300?

Well if you're attending the January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class you're going to be buffing out this classic Chrysler.

Mike Phillips' Detailing Boot Camp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chrysler 300 Detailing Class at Autogeek

Mike, If I am correct its called the 300 because of the cubic inch size of the engine, I read that this 300 introduction was very popular for racing when it came out
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

The 300 came out in 1955 with the C 300 and is called the 300 because it was the first car with 300 hp. They ran nascar successfully in 55 and 56 and set plenty of speed records at the Daytona flying mile. 300 Letter car series ran 55-65 covering letters B-L skipping I. 300 Sport series ran 1962-1971

What you have there is a 1962 300 Sport.
    You could get a 300 H in 1962 which was the top of the line offered in coupe and convertible with a 413 and 2 4 bbls. They made 123 convertibles and 435 coupes

The 300 sport was a level below the New Yorker but above the Newport and was more entry level. It was offered in coupe convertible and 4 dr hardtop. It did not have all the performance items standard, but they could be ordered. Production of sports was way higher.i believe a 383 2bbl was standard.

Awesome project mike can't wait to see it after your done Chrysler 300 Detailing Class at Autogeek-imageuploadedbyagonline1417050808-019409-jpg

Here is a pic of our 62 300H convertible.

Post Thanks / Like

Top work Mike.

Thats a very smart looking car. Can't wait to see what you have lined up for us to make her beautiful again.

Getting very close now Mike. Excitement plus!!!

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post

The 300 came out in 1955 with the C 300 and is called the 300 because it was the first car with 300 hp. They ran NASCAR successfully in 55 and 56 and set plenty of speed records at the Daytona flying mile. 300 Letter car series ran 55-65 covering letters B-L skipping I. 300 Sport series ran 1962-1971

What you have there is a 1962 300 Sport.
    You could get a 300 H in 1962 which was the top of the line offered in coupe and convertible with a 413 and 2 4 bbls. They made 123 convertibles and 435 coupes

The 300 sport was a level below the New Yorker but above the Newport and was more entry level. It was offered in coupe convertible and 4 dr hardtop. It did not have all the performance items standard, but they could be ordered. Production of sports was way higher.i believe a 383 2bbl was standard.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for adding all of the interesting information and background about this very rare Chrysler. For those that might not know, Matt and his Dad let us use their 1963 Studebaker Avanti on a few of our Autogeek segments on "My Classic Car" with Dennis Gage.

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post

Awesome project mike can't wait to see it after your done
    It's fairly swirled-out and way too cool of a car to have such a trashed looking finish. I'm confident that whichever tools set and pad and product line we use this car for during the detailing boot camp class that my students will do a stellar job and of course I'll be sure to really capture the "before condition" in sunlight unlike these night time pictures I took at the car show.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Top work Mike.

Thats a very smart looking car. Can't wait to see what you have lined up for us to make her beautiful again.
    I new you would like this car... I can't actually think of anywhere else in the world people get to work on cars like this as a part of the hand-on training.

As for which products, pads and tools we'll use I wait till about 1-2 weeks before the class and then designate each car for a specific topic we cover in the class and then create an outline for notes using the cars/trucks/suvs/vans matched to the topics and tool sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Getting very close now Mike. Excitement plus!!!

Aaryn NZ.

I agree, the end of January will be here before we know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Chrysler 300 Detailing Class at Autogeek

Here is an article about my friend's 300. It is a one of one car with the 413, 4 speed, and 4 doors. It is due for a good detail based on the last time I seen the car, too.

1964 Chrysler 300K - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Wish I was able to attend the class this year and work on all the cool cars.

Randy

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post

Wish I was able to attend the class this year and work on all the cool cars.

Randy

Three more detailing boot camp classes still coming up this year.

Detailing Classes at Autogeek for 2015

Consistent Dates Each Year
    Because we have people that fly in from around the country and around the world we consistently hold our classes the same time each year so you can make your travel arrangements, (airline tickets, hotel reservations and rental cars).

Due to the popularity of these classes we've added an extra class for 2015.

Last weekend of January.
    First weekend of May
    Third weekend in July
    Last weekend in September

Here are the dates for Detailing Classes at Autogeek for 2015.

May 2015 Class

Friday May 1st
    Saturday May 2nd
    Sunday May 3rd

Click here to sign-up for this class

July 2015 Class
    Friday, July 17th
    Saturday, July 18th
    Sunday, July 19th

Call 1-800-869-3011 to sign up for this class.

September 2015 Class
    Friday, September 25th
    Saturday, September 26th
    Sunday, September 27th

Call 1-800-869-3011 to sign up for this class.

All classes always fill up so plan accordingly and get registered early.

Mike Phillips

Also....

This car will be arriving this week along with a lot of other cars for this first boot camp class for 2015.

I'm going out to the new Show Car Garage to start setting up for this weekend's class.