autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Autogeek is heading to Kentucky and we need YOUR help!

Autogeek is heading to Kentucky and we need YOUR help!

On the set with Dennis Gage of "My Classic Car"

Autogeek is heading to Kentucky!

How would you like to be part of Autogeek's Pro Detailing Team?

Filming LIVE on location

We're excited to announce Autogeek is going to filming a brand new segment with Dennis Gage and My Classic Car in Elizabethtown, Kentucky at the 2014 Crusin The Heartland Car Show!

2014 Crusin The Heartland Car Show

Here's our schedule....

Friday - July 25th
    On Friday, we're going to walking the show, talking to car owners and selecting a car to put through our show car detailing process. This is the same process we use here at Autogeek to take diamonds in the rough and turn them into glistening gemstones!

Saturday - July 26th
    On Saturday we'll be filming live with Dennis Gage sharing the products, tools, tips and techniques to take a cool car with a swirled-out finish and remove the swirls to create a perfect show car finish.

Forum Members Needed!
    I'll need a team of AGO forum members to help me with this project just like we knock out projects here at our Show Car Garage only it's going to be captured for TV!

I'm looking for 6-7 active forum members that are experienced and ready to do their best work ever!

Autogeek Road Trip to Kentucky!
    Nick, Trey and I will be going on the road traveling in the new iVan to Kentucky.

We'll be bringing all the products, tools, pads and microfiber towels to tackle our project car with 5-star service.

We'll also be bringing our 20' by 10' Autogeek Tent to provide a shaded area at the show to work our magic. There will also be an Autogeek Booth at the show with all the products we use on the demo car available for purchase.

Members of the team will receive a special Autogeek T-shirt and have the special opportunity to showcase their skills and talents on TV as well as get their picture taken with Dennis Gage, myself and our project car.

Are you up to the challenge?
    If you live in the Elizabethtown, Kentucky area and are an active member of this forum and you want to be part of the team then send me an e-mail.

Please include links to work you've performed and shared on this forum.

Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

This is going to be a lot of fun and a chance to put a face and name to an Avatar as we say in the forum world. If you're an active member of the AGO forum and want to work hard and have some fun then shoot me an e-mail.

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek is heading to Kentucky and we need YOUR help!

This will be the Maiden Voyage for iVan!

So if you see this in your rear view mirror fall in behind and caravan to Kentucky with us!

Birds Eye View of our Road Trip

Here's a map of the USA for reference....

Here's that same shot only zoomed in...

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, I go to this show every year. I'll be sending you an email here soon Mike. For those wondering where this is, e-town is only about 45 minutes south of Louisville. Its a nice show, they shut down the old town square and line the streets with cars and vendors. If you decide to travel to this you might as well stay a week and hit up street rod nationals in Louisville the weekend after. 10,000+ cars!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I lived there sounds like an amazing opportunity. Best of luck and congrats to the lucky few who get to join in on the excitement.
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I would love to be a part of this and am within driving distance to Elizabeth town.

Post Thanks / Like

Which way will you be heading, will you go thru Georgia to head to Kentucky?

HUMP

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    Which way will you be heading, will you go thru Georgia to head to Kentucky?

HUMP

I think Nick and Trey are going to be the Navigators... scary thought!

Whatever the best route is that's they way we'll travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Beans!!

Our Club is going to Bowling Green that weekend to get an up close and personal vantage point to photograph/film the Corvettes that had a tumble at the Corvette Museum earlier this year.

•We'll be passing through the Elizabethtown area on I-65 that Friday on our way down. (Who knows: We may catch a glimpse of each other somewhere between Elizabethtown and Bowling Green)
    •And since we're coming back pretty early Saturday:
    I hope to be able to stop in and visit with you guys and enjoy the cruise-in.

•I probably won't be able to be a part of the AGO Team.
    -Anyway:
    I'll make an educated guess that you guys probably will be glad I'm not. LOL!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Here's a question.....

Have any of you ever went to a car show and wanted to pull your hair out because of all the really cool cars with swirled-out paint?

I know it drives me up the wall!

This is our chance to share in the car show world, first hand how to remove swirls by machine and create a finish that truly should be on all the cars at cars shows. It's all to easy for us in the forum world that already know how to create a swirl-free show car finish for granted because we do this type of thing all the time. But this is still new information to a lot of people in the car world.

I still meet people today that have never used detailing clay and think the Baggie Test is the coolest thing ever!

Dennis Gage is a power house in the car show circuit, the car hobby and in the car guy TV world and I believe having him with us sharing the educational side of this craft is going to be HUGE.

I've worked with Dennis and his team for going on 5 years now and I'm here to tell you he's the real deal. Many of you on our forum have met him here at Detail Fest or in your own neck of the woods so you know what I'm talking about.

So I'm excited! I love showing guys how to get the perfect finish on their toys no matter what they may be, classic, street rod, rare antique or muscle car, I love them all. But I love them best when the paint is polished correctly.

I've actually done projects like this live at cars shows in my career but never with the attention gained with a guy like Dennis so this is going to be a real pinnacle event for me personally and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to the guys that are going to help with this project. I've been doing this forum thing ever since forums were invented and I really like it when I have the chance to meet the people behind the Avatars and even more so when we get to work on a project as a team.

We're about three weeks away from this show and it can't get here fast enough for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I wish I could join. Hope u have more road trips to follow

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast