autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hex Logic White vs Green

CG Website claims the Green Hex Logic Pad is Heavy Polish and the White is Light-Medium Polish. Buff and Shine's catalog shows the Green as a US Foam/ Polishing and the White as the Euro Foam polishing, but further down in the catalog the B&S 5.5" Flat Face DA pads are shown, with White Pad listed above the Green, indicating to me it would be the more aggressive of the two. I've also seen info elsewhere indicating the White B&S/Hex Logic is the more aggressive polish pad.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has worried about this and been through any conflicting information on the White and Green Polishing Pads. Which is Heavy Polish, Which is Light - Med Polish.

I'll add, Lake Country puts the Green above the White in the aggressive scale.
    From LAKE COUNTRY site:

2006 Z51 C6 - 398ci LS3, TEA LS3 Heads, Callies, Diamond 9.5:1, Procharger F1C, A&A IC, Aeromotive Eliminator, ID1000, RPM TR6060 & RPM Z06 Diff, Penske 6200

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hex Logic White vs Green

I was just having this same conflict making an order this morning. B&S lists the Whites as more aggressive than the green and vice versa on other sites.

I ordered 4 of each and planned on figuring out when I get to use them.

It would be nice if all these companies used the same colors for whichever part of your polishing you plan on doing.
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

The difference is open cells of the green foam vs the closed cells of the white.

The idea is that the open cells cut more, despite being a softer pad. I finds this works well in the case of a SMAT abrasive, where the abrasive grains can attach themselves to the cell structures and slice at the paint.

The white, while having a smoother face is more dense. This is actually more effective in transferring the action of the machine, and utilizing the abrasives. Especially with diminishing abrasives.

I've used the green hex logic to compound a lot, and still enjoy using it for that purpose, but I often use the Lake Country Cyan Hydrotech as well, which is an aggressive closed cell foam.

There were once two green Lake Country foams. One light polishing foam, which is still available, and one heavy polishing / light cutting foam which was replaced with a pink foam.

Post Thanks / Like

Kecko - Yeah I emailed CG and a distributor of BS pads. Still waiting for CG's response. I was pulling my hair out. I had already used the Green pad with SI1500 polish to follow a cut with FG400/Orange Pad. It seemed to work well. I was just second guessing if I should've used the White instead.

DLC - Thanks for that input. I was staring into the pads and examining them. The green felt softer, but I agree the cell size seemed larger. I was wondering if that had something to do with it. I appreciate the detailed response regarding those differences.

So let me ask you (related to another topic I posted). Would you feel comfortable using the White HL pad to final polish before Seal... or would use the Blue (assuming you used HL for final polish)? I'm using Menzerna SF4500 on GM Black paint. I was planning on using the Blue HL pad. Even through the polish isn't a glaze, the Blue seemed to be the best fit based on the description.

Thanks again!

I have a slew of the Hydrotech pads as well, I'm preferring the HL pads and am trying to get a process baseline down.

2006 Z51 C6 - 398ci LS3, TEA LS3 Heads, Callies, Diamond 9.5:1, Procharger F1C, A&A IC, Aeromotive Eliminator, ID1000, RPM TR6060 & RPM Z06 Diff, Penske 6200

Post Thanks / Like

Add Kecko - I agree, it WOULD be nice for a common color scheme for aggressiveness of pads... like an ISO standard lol. I also like to classify things into categories... sorting them into something that makes sense across the industry. It seems like it is close... ie: Orange is the common cut pad, but then something gets thrown in like green/white thing or the Hydrotech pad color scheme, and I start to melt down, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb496 View Post
    Kecko - Yeah I emailed CG and a distributor of BS pads. Still waiting for CG's response. I was pulling my hair out. I had already used the Green pad with SI1500 polish to follow a cut with FG400/Orange Pad. It seemed to work well. I was just second guessing if I should've used the White instead.

DLC - Thanks for that input. I was staring into the pads and examining them. The green felt softer, but I agree the cell size seemed larger. I was wondering if that had something to do with it. I appreciate the detailed response regarding those differences.

So let me ask you (related to another topic I posted). Would you feel comfortable using the White HL pad to final polish before Seal... or would use the Blue (assuming you used HL for final polish)? I'm using Menzerna SF4500 on GM Black paint. I was planning on using the Blue HL pad. Even through the polish isn't a glaze, the Blue seemed to be the best fit based on the description.

Thanks again!

I have a slew of the Hydrotech pads as well, I'm preferring the HL pads and am trying to get a process baseline down.
    No problem!

The white pad will more effectively work the abrasives in SF4500, and he perfect before applying a sealant.

Of course, I've used SF4000 on the blue Hex Logic with excellent results too.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that AG sells both B&S and LC, it would be nice to see a comparison chart like Todd Helme made to compare cut/finish.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    No problem!

The white pad will more effectively work the abrasives in SF4500, and he perfect before applying a sealant.

Of course, I've used SF4000 on the blue Hex Logic with excellent results too.

Thank you. I actually mis-represented. I have the SF4000, not SF4500. So, it sounds like either pad will work well... maybe run the white if I'm just trying to get that little extra cut over the blue... depending on how things have shaped up from the previous cuts. I'll take another look at the stage I'm at and pick my poison... be it white or blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb496 View Post
    Thank you. I actually mis-represented. I have the SF4000, not SF4500. So, it sounds like either pad will work well... maybe run the white if I'm just trying to get that little extra cut over the blue... depending on how things have shaped up from the previous cuts. I'll take another look at the stage I'm at and pick my poison... be it white or blue.
    I have some unused HL Blues. I intended to use them on my current project, but I'm hand polishing and will just do the LSP when I'm done and save the Blues for future use.

I have finished ALL my other projects using the HL White pad and every time, it was LSP ready (White pad with either M205 or HD Polish).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I have some unused HL Blues. I intended to use them on my current project, but I'm hand polishing and will just do the LSP when I'm done and save the Blues for future use.

I have finished ALL my other projects using the HL White pad and every time, it was LSP ready (White pad with either M205 or HD Polish).
    Thank you for you input. Good to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast