autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LC hydro vs LC waffle pads

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    From the selection of LC Pads LC I have on hand, I note that the Hydro Pads have a white Velcro Backing, whereas others have a Black Backing.

Not sure if this is an intentional trait-feature, but note after a short use, there is no adhesion of the Foam at the center of the Velcro Backing?

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Not sure if they are still like this, but doubting I'll again buy the Hydro Techs. Seemed cheaply made IMO
    Thanks for the heads up.

Was this happening with all the pads in the series, or confined to the Cyan?

For a PC 7424xp, have you come across another pad similar to the performance of the hydrotech?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Was this happening with all the pads in the series, or confined to the Cyan?

For a PC 7424xp, have you come across another pad similar to the performance of the hydrotech?
    Have noted it with all the Hydro Pads no matter the color-type.

Not really sure what make the Hydro pads unique versus others in the LC lineup?

Have not tried the Hybrid, most seem to like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Have noted it with all the Hydro Pads no matter the color-type.

Not really sure what make the Hydro pads unique versus others in the LC lineup?

Have not tried the Hybrid, most seem to like them.
    Thank you!

My understanding of the hydrotech is that the foam is closed cell, which preposes to keep the liquid product on the work surface, rather than absorbing it into itself - longer than the common open cell designs.

The Hybrids appear to be too thick to efficiently run on the Porter Cable, but I'm not opposed to trying those either.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's foam discs. TRUST ME!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    Do you have / have you used the entire line?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have / have you used the entire line?
    I have not used the finishing pads, but I have the cutting and polishing pads which are fantastic(especially the cutting pad).
    '03 Corvette Z06

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hydrotech pads received an upgrade in their manufacturing and adhesive process
    last year and has resolved the issue others have mentioned.

The one problem was with the characteristics of the foam itself.

Hydrotech pads do a great job of keeping the polish to the surface, but with a liquid like water (or other liquids with a thinner viscosity) it does the opposite.

They hold water, and hold it well. Because of the pad staying damp/wet longer, mixed with any solvents left behind from the polish was definitely the cause of the issues mentioned above.

Hydro tech pads do have a white loop, and are now printed on when purchased from Autogeek. This was done to prevent any confusion on orange and red pads from the standard foams (which have black Velcro loop)

I have noticed lack of durability on the Blue (CYAN) pad in the past, but we have decided to continue offering that pad because I have personally talked to so many people who really love them.

Paired with the right compound, the Tangerine pads can accomplish almost everything the Cyan pad can, and doesn't have the same shedding characteristics.

In the testing I have done in the last year, the pad needed to be extremely used or deteriorated to really shed all that much. To be honest, I haven't gotten nearly as many complaints with this happening since out upgrade either.

I would encourage anyone to give them a try, especially when trying to increase polishing time on a DA. These foams are very popular in Europe on a rotary polished also.

Another thing to try and increase polishing would be to add a wetting agent. Some companies offer something like this, but sometimes spritzing water is just as effective and also provides other advantages. spritzing water can increase the polish cycle time, cleaning the pad surface, and move the abrasive embedded into the pad.

If you ever have an issue with one of our products, please don't hesitate to contact me at David.Patterson@LakeCountryMFG.com and I will do my best to resolve the issue, so others don't experience the same thing.

We really need that feedback and to hear about ANY negative experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    The Hydrotech pads received an upgrade in their manufacturing and adhesive process

Hydrotech pads do a great job of keeping the polish to the surface, but with a liquid like water (or other liquids with a thinner viscosity) it does the opposite.

They hold water, and hold it well. Because of the pad staying damp/wet longer, mixed with any solvents left behind from the polish was definitely the cause of the issues mentioned above.

Hydro tech pads do have a white loop, and are now printed on when purchased from Autogeek. This was done to prevent any confusion on orange and red pads from the standard foams (which have black Velcro loop)

I have noticed lack of durability on the Blue (CYAN) pad in the past, but we have decided to continue offering that pad because I have personally talked to so many people who really love them.

Paired with the right compound, the Tangerine pads can accomplish almost everything the Cyan pad can, and doesn't have the same shedding characteristics.

In the testing I have done in the last year, the pad needed to be extremely used or deteriorated to really shed all that much. To be honest, I haven't gotten nearly as many complaints with this happening since out upgrade either.

I would encourage anyone to give them a try, especially when trying to increase polishing time on a DA. These foams are very popular in Europe on a rotary polished also.

Another thing to try and increase polishing would be to add a wetting agent. Some companies offer something like this, but sometimes spritzing water is just as effective and also provides other advantages. spritzing water can increase the polish cycle time, cleaning the pad surface, and move the abrasive embedded into the pad.

If you ever have an issue with one of our products, please don't hesitate to contact me at David.Patterson@LakeCountryMFG.com and I will do my best to resolve the issue, so others don't experience the same thing.

I have six cyan pads set to arrive on friday. The real test will be when my season starts, when spring arrives.

Also, great post.

Would using a soft terry cloth towel, lightly pressed against the pad help soak excess liquid?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that information David. Good to hear the HT Pads have been improved.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, with Adam's pads. Polishes too?

From what I understand, it seems like their polishes like to dry up faster than others.

Another thing I've read about is that people have had issues with pad pores clogging up. Keeping the pad clean with a pad conditioning brush would help mitigate that issue.
    Little mix of Adams and Menzerna products

Try this first:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...m-pad-fly.html

I've heard that the Hydrotech pads are prone to premature deterioration, but I just ordered six of the low profile version cyan cutting pads. I gotta try them for myself.

The ccs line is fantastic though.
    Saved to my favorites thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    Might look into these thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post

Thanks for the response!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast