autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze No Grey Pads

I buffed out with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover on an Orange CCS pad, but still have some micro marring that I need to knock out.

Mike Phillips posts on the Forum suggest the LC Grey pads with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0

I have Lake Country Green CCS pads and the Lake Country Blue CCS pads.

Which ones should I use?

Here is the Lake Country pad aggressiveness chart from AGO:

Autogeek Buffing Pad Comparison Chart

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try blue first if TSR left hazing behind, and also because its closer to the grey. That says to me your paint is soft. But, you will have to try each to see which is best for your situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Finishing Glaze No Grey Pads

If I remember correctly, grey pads have no mechanical cut, like the blue. The green has slightly more cut than white, which is designed for finishing polishes, prewax cleaners, etc. If you have a hard clear, then the green would probably be your best bet. If you have a soft clear, however, the green may present micro – marring like you have experienced with the orange. Do a test spot with the blue first. See if you're getting the results that you want, and go from there. If you still have defects, go with the green. I think the green will finish out defect free if you do have a hard clear.

Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the other posters. However, I would get some gray/black pads if I were you. They are nice and soft in texture but are more firm than the blue pads wich is nice if you need to apply pressure to get the results you desire.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Used WGFG with the CCS 5 1/2" green pads on a FLEX 3401, speed 4 this weekend on the vertical plastic sections on either side of my rear window.

These pieces are ridiculously soft, so I thought they would be a great test for pad selection.

Finished out great with this combo. Amazing how long you can work the WGFG. On one section I did 4 section passes and knocked it out. On the other section, I just kept making passes to see how long it would take to dry out the polish. I stopped at 10 and the polish was still not dried out. Both sides had same final finish result.

No, I didn't over apply product. Primed and then three small dots.

I do notice that the WGFG is not nearly as easy to remove as Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. It tends to need a thorough wipe down to remove the remainder of the polishing oils. WG says you can follow it up with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant without doing an IPA wipe down...interesting.

In the end, it finished out great, but I was working outside and I had something land on my buffing cloth while I was doing a final wipe down. It left a very slight scratch, but it is approx. 3" long. I am ready to try GTechniq C1 to see if I can reduce this towel induced micro marring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told to use white with my finishing glaze which I have been using quite successfully

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I was told to use white with my finishing glaze which I have been using quite successfully

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Find what you like and use it often.

Lake Country suggests the Grey Pad, which is two steps down in aggressiveness versus the LC White Pad.

Autogeek Buffing Pad Comparison Chart