autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thumbs Down on LC HT Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Amazing! The hooks feel and look just like my Meg but, unlike my Meg, it grabs the HT pads like glue, just like many have posted. Pretty sure I can now operate at 5 without losing the pad. I was surprised at how stiff it is. The LC ad says it is soft to conform to body contours. It is definitely softer than my Meg, but not as soft as I thought it would be. I am glad because I know that more cushion in the backing means less power delivered to the pad. In any event, a major step forward and well worth the money. Thanks for your help.
    Great. I am sure you will be pleased with the LC plate gluing itself to the HT pads. I used to use the same exact setup on my G110v2 and never had any issues. That is a very good setup you have. Which products are you going to use with them?

On a side note, if you decide a 3401 is in your future the hybird pads are the way to go on this machine. This is my setup currently.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Which products are you going to use with them?
    I did our 2010 MDX and 99 Avalon using the cyan HT with Meg backing plate and Meg UC (after washing with Meg Gold Class and clay bar). I hand applied Meg NXT 2.0. Very happy with the result. The MDX was scratched up from the car wash. I only do the car wash in winter after they salt the roads. I pressure washed the foam brush really good before I used it (as usual) but for some reason this time I scratched her up. Even my wife noticed! It was hard to get the correction because I was limited to 4 speed. With my new backing plate, I can go to 5. Next time I will try to machine apply the NXT with my HT crimson pad although I do like to hand apply. By the time I go around all of the door handles and other nooks and crannies seems like I may as well just finish it by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I have yet to have either of 2 LC microfiber pads fail but more than 20 Meguiar's and about 8 Optimum pads have. In fact, I'm willing to bet you can't find very many if any threads about a LC microfiber pad failure. Meguiar's did address the glue issue but I haven't used mine yet to see if they hold up. I have 6 from the new batch that I hope to abuse this upcoming weekend.
    I agree with Richard! I have not had an LC MF failure. It is the only brand I can say that about!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Today has been a big struggle to keep this LC 5.5 white pad on the 5" plate. It wants to fly off when I get on a corner. I'm really hoping it doesn't fly off and dig into this paint....

Post Thanks / Like

There are many different styles of hook backing plates that vary in the actual size of the hook. There are also many configurations and sizes of the loop material on the pads. Not all backing plates firmly grip that pads due to variances between manufacturers.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678