autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thumbs Down on LC HT Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Fishincricket View Post
    Me too, and this is after using the LC CCS pads that came with the GG combo I bought here...

I guess this just means I am gonna be completely blown away by the Meg's pads , eh? lol :wahoo:
    Urs came with CCS pads?

Mine came with LC CCP pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    There will be more to come. I havent tried Buff n Shine pads. A friend of mine has those LC HydroTech pads that work decent.

Meguiar's Pads > Lake Country Pads
    Just decent? I get really good results with the LC Hydrotech low profiles. The megs are better? Any specifically?
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    I have to really put forth some effort to separate my Hydrotechs from the LC backing plate. 5"bp and 5.5" pads. I have been nothing but pleased with all Lake Country pads, however I haven't tried Meg's since I haven't felt the need to.
    +1. These stick like glue to the LC BP.

Meguiar's Pads > Lake Country Pads
    Lake Country Hybrids>All others

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Just decent? I get really good results with the LC Hydrotech low profiles. The megs are better? Any specifically?
    Im using the Soft Buff original series. Why have a yellow, orange, white & green pad? Pretty useless when you can decide how much you want to cut by using the correct product, technique & pressure.

Anyway, IMO LC pads are cheap. They cost about $2 to make. Anyone who wants to question quality vs quality just take a look at how many people are using LC MF discs, vs how many people prefer Megs MF or Optimum MF discs. Secondly, HydroTech's are about as close as you can get to Megs foam pads.

I dont know, Megs invented the foam pad some 30 years ago. I doubt they have a clue what their doing

Post Thanks / Like

Im using the Soft Buff original series. Why have a yellow, orange, white & green pad? Pretty useless when you can decide how much you want to cut by using the correct product, technique & pressure.

Anyway, IMO LC pads are cheap. They cost about $2 to make. Anyone who wants to question quality vs quality just take a look at how many people are using LC MF discs, vs how many people prefer Megs MF or Optimum MF discs. Secondly, HydroTech's are about as close as you can get to Megs foam pads.

I dont know, Megs invented the foam pad some 30 years ago. I doubt they have a clue what their doing
    I wasn't saying Megs was bad, just saying that I've had good luck with my LC pads. With an endorsement like that though, I'll be sure to pick some up soon

and ptff the LC pads don't cost $2 to make.... I bet they cost less!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who wants to question quality vs quality just take a look at how many people are using LC MF discs, vs how many people prefer Megs MF or Optimum MF discs.
    I have yet to have either of 2 LC microfiber pads fail but more than 20 Meguiar's and about 8 Optimum pads have. In fact, I'm willing to bet you can't find very many if any threads about a LC microfiber pad failure. Meguiar's did address the glue issue but I haven't used mine yet to see if they hold up. I have 6 from the new batch that I hope to abuse this upcoming weekend.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like
    Roshan, I will buy you one so you can try just for kicks. I'll shoot you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I have yet to have either of 2 LC microfiber pads fail but more than 20 Meguiar's and about 8 Optimum pads have. In fact, I'm willing to bet you can't find very many if any threads about a LC microfiber pad failure. Meguiar's did address the glue issue but I haven't used mine yet to see if they hold up. I have 6 from the new batch that I hope to abuse this upcoming weekend.
    You are correct. When the first gen Soft Buff's came out alot of people where having delamination issues, alot. Since then the newer gens have fixed that issue. I never used them when they came out defecive, I was using LC pads exclusively.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct. When the first gen Soft Buff's came out alot of people where having delamination issues, alot. Since then the newer gens have fixed that issue. I never used them when they came out defecive, I was using LC pads exclusively.
    My post had nothing to do with foam pads, only microfiber pads.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    My post had nothing to do with foam pads, only microfiber pads.
    I need to get some sleep. Regardless, Megs MF discs also suffered from similar delamination issues. Also since corrected. Usually hic ups like this happens when new products are introduced to the market.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast