autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2 pad questions (color order and product line)

I've been using the Lake CCS white with paintwork cleansing lotion and gray CCS with pinnacle signature II. I'm going to be picking up some of the Wolfgang DGPS to use under the signature II on my parents black F150 here soon and I know it calls for a blue pad. Question 1 is can I assume it's safe to use a gray pad on top of a blue since the gray is supposed to not have cutting power even though it says it can remove swirls with pressure but has no cutting power? Question 2 is this. When I picked up my current pads last year I think the CCS was the "top" of the Lake line. I think the hydro tech are newer now, am I still good with the CCS pads or should I be using something else?

I'm planning on buying handful of new pads not only for the parents F150 but for my car as well. I made the mistake of buying only one of each originally and by the time I'm done with a session even with Mike's "on the fly" cleaning they're saturated (swollen in the middle) with product.

edit: just realized question 1 is a bit vague. What I mean is, am I ok to use a product that asks for a gray pad on top of a product that asked for a blue, i.e. the "gray" product is not going to remove/damage the "blue" product's application right?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 pad questions (color order and product line)

You're going to need to let that sealant cure before you top it with the SSII anyway. I'd just apply the SSII by hand, but that's the way I generally like to apply LSP's.

You're fine with the pads you have; they haven't been "obsoleted". I happen to like the Hydro-Tech a lot but there are a lot of people that don't like them (velcro longevity, too long to dry).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    edit: just realized question 1 is a bit vague. What I mean is, am I ok to use a product that asks for a gray pad on top of a product that asked for a blue, i.e. the "gray" product is not going to remove/damage the "blue" product's application right?
    Depends on the product, you don't want to use anything on top that has a cleaner in it. If you tell us what products you are working with we can clear it up for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You're going to need to let that sealant cure before you top it with the SSII anyway. I'd just apply the SSII by hand, but that's the way I generally like to apply LSP's.
    Yep I know the sealant needs to cure. As far as application, I guess I just like using the buffer to put it on. I do use microfiber instead of a buffer to remove everything by hand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Depends on the product, you don't want to use anything on top that has a cleaner in it. If you tell us what products you are working with we can clear it up for you.
    Oh I mentioned it up above but may not have been clear. The intention is to start with the Pinnacle paintwork cleanser, followed by the Wolfgang DGPS, and then topped with Pinnacle Signature II.