autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick the right pads?

Ok here is the question that i need help with choosing right pads , I will be using a Flex XC 3401 VRG and i would like to try a 6 pack of CCS pad's and i almost forgot i will be doing a three step process with Wolfgang 1.TSR 2.Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 and last step 3. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and i will top it off with Max Wax . The paint on my car is in good condition some light and moderate swirls,color dark pearl metallic so what would be my right choices ? It is a 2007 Acord

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick the right pads?

Quote Originally Posted by 2SLICK4U View Post
    Ok here is the question that i need help with choosing right pads , I will be using a Flex XC 3401 VRG and i would like to try a 6 pack of CCS pad's and i almost forgot i will be doing a three step process with Wolfgang 1.TSR 2.Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 and last step 3. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and i will top it off with Max Wax . The paint on my car is in good condition some light and moderate swirls,color dark pearl metallic so what would be my right choices ? It is a 2007 Acord
    I used and orange pad for the TSR and a white pad for the finishing glaze followed by some pinnacle carnuba and my car came out great. I think I should have worked the TSR a bit more but I'm pretty new to this whole game so I didn't want to over do anything.

There are a few videos posted here that helped me a lot. I will say that the wolfgang products were really easy to work with. Take your time and do a small test area so you know how much you need to work the paint. FIND THE VIDEO!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcDave View Post
    I used and orange pad for the TSR and a white pad for the finishing glaze followed by some pinnacle carnuba and my car came out great. I think I should have worked the TSR a bit more but I'm pretty new to this whole game so I didn't want to over do anything.

There are a few videos posted here that helped me a lot. I will say that the wolfgang products were really easy to work with. Take your time and do a small test area so you know how much you need to work the paint. FIND THE VIDEO!!
    A lot depends on the amount of correction needed and the hardness of the clear-coat. do a test spot working from the least aggressive to the most to find the combo you need for your situation. Watch this video.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-polisher.html
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to look into the surbuf pads too. They really help with correcting the paint.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail View Post
    you might want to look into the surbuf pads too. They really help with correcting the paint.
    Never used them...Do you use the same backing plates? Just for my info.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Never used them...Do you use the same backing plates? Just for my info.
    Yes, same backing plate as you would a foam pad. Surbuf pads are *excellent* for heavy defect removal, but leave behind noticeable micro-marring. They need to be followed up with a less aggressive pad and polish. However, no other pads come close to the cut of surbuf pads on a DA. You want to use surbuf pads with non-dimishing abrasives(105, optimum spray compund, etc...).

To the OP:
    For the Flex, get Surbufs for heavy correction along with LC Orange, white, and gray. Blue if you're gonna use your DA to apply wax or sealants. Flat pads might perform a little better, but CCS pads are easier to control on the Flex 3401.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

So 2 orange pads, 2-gray ,1-blue and 1- white shoild be ok ?

Post Thanks / Like

So 2 orange pads, 2-gray ,1-blue and 1- white shoild be ok ?
    If it were me I would go 2 orange 2 white and 2 gray. You can wax and seal by hand. Thats just me
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

How about if i can't get grey in the package there is only, blue,black and red so i would go with 2 orange,2 white and which ones i can replace if i can't get grey ones would it be blue

Post Thanks / Like

Very good point so i guess applying sealant by hand is ok didn,t think about that thx
    PAR Detailing
    We are all continuously learning. I prefer to do the LSP by hand. You can seal and wax via machine but if you are trying to stick with 6 pads then I wouldnt "waste" one on sealant application. Pick up a few good and cheap wax applicators and you are all set.

Jon
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast