autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?

Could someone help correct me if I'm wrong here? I believe the LC Flat pads were in a different order for cutting/finishing than what they are now.

I thought it was (most aggressive to least): yellow, orange, green, white, blue, black. Now they appear to be listed in the following order of aggressiveness: yellow, orange, white, green, blue, black. It looks like white and green swapped places. Can any of you long-time detailers check your older references and see if that is true?

I ask this, because I ordered orange pads for whenever I needed more cutting power, white for most of my pads for just light 1 step polishing, and black for applying waxes and sealants. Now I'm wondering if I should've ordered green instead of white....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?

I really don't know how to answer for these "new" pads, but there have been green foams floating around for as long as I have been machine polishing that variously are slightly more or less agressive than the old reliable white. There used to be a "German" green foam that was supposed to be more aggressive than white, as well as a green foam that was about the same or less aggressive.

I wouldn't worry about using the white for what you want to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I really don't know how to answer for these "new" pads, but there have been green foams floating around for as long as I have been machine polishing that variously are slightly more or less agressive than the old reliable white. There used to be a "German" green foam that was supposed to be more aggressive than white, as well as a green foam that was about the same or less aggressive.

I wouldn't worry about using the white for what you want to do.
    You're right.

I generally use the B&S 5.5" flat foam pads, but poor LC is probably starting to feel like they just can't win. Everyone always complained about how LC and B&S didn't share the same universal pad colors, especially with the flat foam pads.

It seems that when LC revamped their lineup they decided to simplify it and make it easier for everyone by going with the exact same color skeem as the B&S flat pads to help reduce confusion. Now when you buy a flat pad from B&S or LC you don't have to try to remember which brands flat green foam pad is actually more aggressive than the white foam or which one is less aggressive.

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    You're right.

I generally use B&S foam pads, but poor LC is probably starting to feel like they can't win. Everyone always complained about how LC and B&S didn't share the same universal pad colors, especially with the flat foam pads.

It seems that when LC revamped their lineup they decided to make it easier for everyone by going with the exact same color skeem as the B&S flat pads to help reduce confusion. Now when you buy a flat pad from B&S or LC you don't have to try to remember which brands flat green foam pad is actually more aggressive than the white foam or which one is less aggressive.
    I would say your statement above is far from the truth, but I can appreciate your thought process. We removed some of our colors to simplify the lines, and made the CCS and flat in identical orders of aggression.

I can agree that having the original line of pads in a similar color scheme is helpful to the detailer or user, but I think there needs to be a true comparison of the comparison.

We updated the CCS and flat pad lines to represent a consistent line of pads in both flat, CCS and in all sizes. Now any flat pad is available in any size, any ccs pad is available in any size, and they are all the same foams regardless.

If you choose to look at aggression chart for BNS, you can clearly see that their aggression chart is different from 5.5" to 6"

If you buy 5.5" pads, the yellow is most aggressive int he standard BNS line. If you buy them in the 6" size, the orange is more aggressive.

I can understand the concern and criticism, but lets please compare apples to apples at a minimum.

5. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    I would say your statement above is far from the truth, but I can appreciate your thought process. We removed some of our colors to simplify the lines, and made the CCS and flat in identical orders of aggression.

I can agree that having the original line of pads in a similar color scheme is helpful to the detailer or user, but I think there needs to be a true comparison of the comparison.

We updated the CCS and flat pad lines to represent a consistent line of pads in both flat, CCS and in all sizes. Now any flat pad is available in any size, any ccs pad is available in any size, and they are all the same foams regardless.

If you choose to look at aggression chart for BNS, you can clearly see that their aggression chart is different from 5.5" to 6"

If you buy 5.5" pads, the yellow is most aggressive int he standard BNS line. If you buy them in the 6" size, the orange is more aggressive.

I can understand the concern and criticism, but lets please compare apples to apples at a minimum.
    holy smokes, I thought I was pretty clear in my post that I thought the latest improvements to the LC 5.5" pad line-up were a good thing and I liked that LC was simplifying their lineup of pads. Where on earth did you get the impression that I was concerned and criticizing LC?

We were talking about the latest changes, and my response was specifically to the pictures posted of the new 5.5" pad lineup. I said that it was a GOOD thing that the LC's pad color scheme was now closer to B&S. I think it's a good thing that LC has simplified their lineup. How is comparing the colors/aggressiveness of B&S 5.5" flat pads to the new & improved LC 5.5" flat pad lineup NOT an apples to apples comparison?

It makes no sense why B&S 6.5" yellow pads are less aggressive than B&S 6.5" orange and if B&S changed their 6.5" pad color/aggressiveness to the same as the 5.5" pads I would also say that would be a good thing. My entire point was meant to applaud LC for taking steps to simplify and reduce confusion for consumers when purchasing pads from their flat pad lineup. Comparing the LC 5.5" flat pads to the B&S 5.5" flat pads doesn't seem like much of a stretch IMO?

I even explained that I felt bad for LC because people have complained in the past and there has been a ton of confusion regarding LC pads and color options and now that LC has taken steps to simplify it, people are even more confused and upset.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never seen Green flat foam pads.

The way I understood the order was:
    Yellow[heavy cutting]
    Orange[cutting]
    White[polishing]
    Black[finishing]
    Blue[finessing]

What are green pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve never seen Green flat foam pads.

The way I understood the order was:
    Yellow[heavy cutting]
    Orange[cutting]
    White[polishing]
    Black[finishing]
    Blue[finessing]

What are green pads?

It seems they have these green in their flat pad line up and their ccs line up. I swear I’ve never seen them before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

It seems they have these green in their flat pad line up and their ccs line up. I swear I’ve never seen them before.

I’ve never seen them before either. And what the heck is a “heavy polishing pad”? Looks like they screwed it all up and have complicated things with 6 pads instead of 5. I won’t be buying anymore of those.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never seen them before either. And what the heck is a “heavy polishing pad”? Looks like they screwed it all up and have complicated things with 6 pads instead of 5. I won’t be buying anymore of those.
    I can only assume it’s a polishing pad that’s had one McDouble too many. 🧐

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The green and white are both polishing pads. They both serve a similar type of purpose, but are apples and oranges in comparison. Both are European prepolymer foams, but offer different advantages.

Typically people have always associated the white as a goto polishing pad. The green pad is NOT as dense as the white pad, but has a slightly larger cell and is more open celled. This makes the white pad better for certain jobs, white the green pad better for others.

Both the green and white are used similarly, but I really like the green pad with an all in one product like HD speed or Wolfgang All in One type products. The white is great for use with medium to finishing polishes like a Blackfire swirl remover or Sonax perfect finish.

Being that the white pad is more dense and firm, it will typically have a little bit more bite than a green foam but can certainly very with type of polish and type of machine.

We always offered a green foam, but Autogeek didn't offer it in the past. I hope that you are willing to reconsider, as we have improved the blue foam, and the new yellow foam to offer a solid line of European foams pads for rotary and DA use that is easy to use. We improved this line to make sure it represented the "standard" of foam pads that is consistent.

These pads now have a more updated and desirable shape or profile, along with print on the back identifying part number along with what type of pad it is (see picture in OP)

13. Thanks Desertnate, Hammer77, Diner, Paul A. thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate, dlc95 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast