autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No More Love for Surbuf?

A while back (okay, a long while), I jumped on the Surbuf bandwagon. At the time, I had a nice complement of LC CCS pads for a variety of purposes but I just wasn't getting the results I wanted with regards to marring on rounded edges such as fenders and radiuses on bumper covers (no doubt operator error but I digress).

I gave the Surbuf pads a go and was very happy with the results. In one particular case I wasn't able to eliminate rids/marring with a foam pad (an orange and green, respectively) and M105 with a few drops of M300. Using the Surbuf and Wolfgang Swirl Remover 3.0 I not only removed the defects but got an amazing finish! I suppose I just needed to try a few different combos but I think the Surbuf will remain as my go-to pad for major correction jobs. Oh, BTW, I use an old school PC 7336 with 5.5" pads. Looks like AG is blowing out the Surbuf pads (and Megs MF too?) but I've stocked up on them. I suppose I will have to try the GG MF pads next.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No More Love for Surbuf?

it's funny you mentioned this, i was thinking about the surbuf pads as well. many use to use these back in the early autopia days...

Surbuf Pad paired with M105 and PC is a defect killer!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think my trial purchase goes back that far but thanks for posting that! Always nice to see more of KB's helpful insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Surbuff pads are a real eye opener if you haven't tried them on hard paint you don't know what your missing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    Surbuff pads are a real eye opener if you haven't tried them on hard paint you don't know what your missing
    It's funny how we circle around to this stuff, first there was Surbuf, but it didn't finish that well. Then came microfiber...which cut as well, but finished better than Surbuf. Then we got more aggressive MF...which maybe didn't finish any better than Surbuf.

Surbuf is probably easier to clean than MF, but not as durable. And then wool always seems to make some sort of comeback.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use the Surbuf every once in awhile but in general the Megs MF is my go to in heavy correction. At the time the Surbuf was the defect killer but I think with the better long throw polishers and advancements in chemicals just makes polishing an easier process. I still remember the first time I used Surbuf/M105 on a C6 Vette with rock hard paint, I was stunned at the results I got with the DA

Post Thanks / Like

I offered up a bunch of these last year on the forum when I was thinning my stash and couldn't get any takers. It's not that they didn't work, it's that I tried out some LC purple thin foam wool and got extreme cut with better finish.But there are so many combo's to try and it sounds like you found it.

No doubt about it though, when I used surbuf and m105 like Kevin Brown does in his link it certainly got the job done ( and that was with the old school original PC 7424). Sounds like you have a winning combo with the surbuf and the Wolfgang product. Have fun correcting!