Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
I use cheap pads (most or all of the foam sold today is made in China, right?) for applying paste (not liquid) wax. Applying paste wax (not polish) is a simple operation with the objective to apply it thoroughly, even and thin. Paste wax seems to clog pads and I don't really like clogging my expensive pads. Am I missing something with respect to paste wax?

BTW, I can't find any information as to the country of origin of Lake Country foam (not the assembled pads). I'm assuming all or part of the raw materials are sourced from China or Southeast Asia and not made in the US.
Lake Country and B & S are made in the USA in their own manifacturing plants, the information is out there if you look for it. AG even recently posted a tour of the LC Mfg plant and their history. Seek and ye shall find.

Who We Are

Lake Country Manufacturing is a privately owned manufacturer of buffing and polishing products sold worldwide. Our products are sold to the Industrial, Paint, Body and Equipment (PBE), Detailing and Consumer markets through multiple distribution channels. We are driven by finding profitable solutions for our customers through the development of proprietary products and customized buffing systems. Lake Country currently holds 27 U.S. and international patents, which include the System 2000™ Padwasher, System 3000™ Padwasher, Scuff Ball™, CCS Technology™ and Tufted Foam™.

Buff & Shine:

Humble beginnings and the entrepreneurial spirit best describe the start of Buff and Shine Manufacturing in 1987. From a small Torrance California warehouse, the groundwork for establishing a business identity was started by the company owner.

As with any new venture, it wasn't easy, especially in this competitive industry. Over time however, good manufacturing people were brought in and one by one buffing pads were built, tested and marketed in the local region. Eventually, the buffing pad range grew in diversity and selection, with this growth came the recognition we were making products customers appreciated for their quality and consistency. Having this reputation allowed us to grow nationwide, even worldwide.

We are constantly innovating and improving our manufacturing processes, this reflects our ability to ship promptly and deliver products that are competitively priced.

Lastly, we believe in talking to you, we make every effort to address your questions in real time and promptly.