autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Force Pads at AG?

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Another point to note is that for some reason....I don't understand....there are no 5" pads. Its 5.5", so those who have the 3401 with the 4" LC plate and use 5" Hybrid pads and left out for this one.

For pads that are supposed to work so well with the 3401 this had me very surprised.

LC especially seem to have lost it, seeing how they manufacture the 4" LC plate as well so they could have continued the offer the 5" size.

Now we would need the 4 3/8 plate from flex to use the 5.5" pads, or seeing how businesses work, LC will probably launch another plate for us to "buy" to use with their 4" pads or something like that. Who knows.

All I know is I really wanted to try these pads, but I ain't buying a new plate nor am I willing to bump up to 5.5". Thankful to myself for stocking up on hybrids a couple of months ago. But, when time comes to buy new ones, we might be left out to dry.
    As far as I can see, the new machine will feature a larger BP hence the new pads coming in at a different size. Im confident LC had the plate size to go off of when creating this new pad line and was not merely shooting in the dark hoping to make a new pad line fit based on a wild guess.
    Flex XCE 9-8 150

As for the 4" plate and 5" plate I'm not going to get into it on that. The only people that would have known/decided on that are the R&D team at LC after being left with just the 4 3/8 plate option. Im sure they could have just manufactured pads in 5 3/8" but most likely wanted the ability to run as small of a pad possible on the 3401.

Again, no one knows what LC decided to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Any word from the AG staff on this? I would like to get new pads for my rotary and these seem to be a great choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked Lake Country about the new pads and the lack of the old Hybrids, this is what I got back. I did have a 6" BP for my 3401, part of the interchangeable system. Well my 6" plate broke. I do not like how the small plates fit on the force pads.

John,

Our plan was to replace the Hybrid pad line with the Force Pads for a couple reasons.

The new flex machine due out later this year (new version of the 3401) will no longer come with the 5.5” plate, but will now come with a 6” plate.

If we sized the Hybrid pads to fit this new machine it would make the pad roughly 7” or a little larger.

To better fit the machine we redesigned the pad, and added the grey heavy cutting foam to that line. These Force pads still offer the same face size as the Hybrid, but because the Velcro is slightly larger it will fit both the old and new machines.

With that being said, I believe Autogeek would like to continue to sell the Hybrid pad line, so it shouldn’t be discontinued completely any time soon from my knowledge.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thanks,

David Patterson
    Account Executive
    Lake Country Mfg.,Inc.
    950 Blue Ribbon Circle North
    Oconomowoc, Wi. 53066

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update John!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I would want to know if the 6" plate on the updated 3401 will work on the "old" unit so you can use all of the backing material. I've not seen anything on that though.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the XCE can only run 6.5" pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    AG is still selling the older LC Hybrid Pads for forced-rotation polishers, but they have been effectively replaced by LC Force Pads featuring Hybrid Foam which have been out for around 6 months now. LC doesn't even list Hybrid pads on their site anymore. Do we know if/when AG will be selling these newer pads?
    Any update on this?
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

By the time they finally release the XCE,the force pads may be outdated. Sounds like it keeps getting pushed further & further back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    By the time they finally release the XCE,the force pads may be outdated. Sounds like it keeps getting pushed further & further back.
    The thing is they work fine on any DA, forced-rotation or not, and and any rotary which have all been widely available forever. So it just doesn't make sense why AG isn't carrying them.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

I asked this too and didn't receive any feedback from AG.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast