autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Coating

gorgeous buick. Especially like your choice of wheels. Anything concave and low profile will dramatically improve the aesthetics\proportions of most cars.

congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Nice new vehicle prep. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Scott - can you explain you application method? I have the coating coming and just looking for any additional application tips.
    After wiping the finish with the Menzerna Inspection Spray, I applied Wolfgang Uber with the included applicator. The syringe is very user friendly as it limits over use. The Wolfgang Coating is not slippery at first, but you can tell where you have gone.

My son, helped me buff the panels with a MF towel to make sure no high spots. A light back and forth motion did wonderful and two washes later, I have not noticed one area that was missed nor an area with high spot.

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    killrwheels@autogeek,

Thankyou for the great write-up and review. You car looks terrific!

What product did you end up using on the actual Tires?

Thanks much, and have a great one!

Ray
    Two coats of Perls from Carpro. I was a big fan on Optibond but have found a bit more gloss when using Perls.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott. I'm going to apply it this weekend. Any idea if it can be used on light textured plastic? (Lower door trim on a Subaru).

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great nice work, congrats on the new vehicle. I am very curious about the WGU coating. In April when I got my new truck after proper prep, I applied CQuartz UK. It was easy to apply and I was happy with the look and so far at a point where I would be re applying a sealant, it is still holding up well. Supposedly one can get 2-years out of CQuartz, wonder what the longevity factor is for WGU coating? I am curious because prior to using CQuartz I was using WG Sealant3.0 and Fushion wax and was very impressed with both products.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
    Looks great nice work, congrats on the new vehicle. I am very curious about the WGU coating. In April when I got my new truck after proper prep, I applied CQuartz UK. It was easy to apply and I was happy with the look and so far at a point where I would be re applying a sealant, it is still holding up well. Supposedly one can get 2-years out of CQuartz, wonder what the longevity factor is for WGU coating? I am curious because prior to using CQuartz I was using WG Sealant3.0 and Fushion wax and was very impressed with both products.
    Since WG coating is new, there is no long term longevity test. The description states 3 years on paint, 2 years on wheels and one year on glass. I myself have the WG coating and just waiting on warmer weather to apply it. For now I am using WG sealant, debating whether to apply fuzion on top of it. I just actually applied the sealant on my 2014 Durango last week. You may to check out this review with recent updates.
    Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobertin View Post
    Since WG coating is new, there is no long term longevity test. The description states 3 years on paint, 2 years on wheels and one year on glass. I myself have the WG coating and just waiting on warmer weather to apply it. For now I am using WG sealant, debating whether to apply fuzion on top of it. I just actually applied the sealant on my 2014 Durango last week. You may to check out this review with recent updates.
    Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating
    Thanks. On my previous truck I applied both the WG sealant & Fushion and the results were stunning. Normally I would have only applied the sealant and would not spend the premium $$$ on a wax, but curiosity got the better of me with what several folks were saying about the combo. After applying the sealant, I was really impressed with how rich and deep the color was and almost stopped there. But as I had already made the purchase and because I really wanted to see if applying the Fusion wax over the sealant would make a difference. All I could say is wow, it transformed the finish. I say go for it.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott. I'm going to apply it this weekend. Any idea if it can be used on light textured plastic? (Lower door trim on a Subaru).
    I coated all my trim ... but as with anything, you should test in a small inconspicuous area first.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up coating everything.. Looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up coating everything.. Looks awesome!
    I am still amazed at the outcome. I have tested 1/2 dozen or other coatings, and this one is so easy and without issue. The glossy look is amazing.

Scott

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast