autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I tried Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant, Wow!

[QUOTE=custmsprty;1362874]I would advise wiping it off as you apply it. "Most" of the alleged "spray sealants" are nothing more than glorified detail sprays. I have at least 20-25 different detail sprays including this and V-7 and about every other well known one out there. IMHO they all are just QD / dust removers

I ended up buffing off after noticing that there were "high spots" after wiping it in. Thoughts on what I did? Too much product applied?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea too much product. I use the little pump spray bottles the samples come in. They're perfect for applying stuff sparingly.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Britsdaddy;1363151]
    Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I would advise wiping it off as you apply it. "Most" of the alleged "spray sealants" are nothing more than glorified detail sprays. I have at least 20-25 different detail sprays including this and V-7 and about every other well known one out there. IMHO they all are just QD / dust removers

I ended up buffing off after noticing that there were "high spots" after wiping it in. Thoughts on what I did? Too much product applied?
    Honestly, I revert back to my post. These "spray sealants" for the most part are nothing more than detailing sprays. They have exhibited no longevity beyond a few days to week or so in my testing over they years.

Now Blackfire MSSW different story:
    Good stuff! I was given a freebie by Nick and ended up buying a 64 ouncer on a BF sale.

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax, spray car wax, aerosol wax
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=custmsprty;1363159]
    Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post

Honestly, I revert back to my post. These "spray sealants" for the most part are nothing more than detailing sprays. They have exhibited no longevity beyond a few days to week or so in my testing over they years.

Good stuff! I was given a freebie by Nick and ended up buying a 64 ouncer on a BF sale.

This is a very interesting statement you've made:

"Honestly, I revert back to my post. These "spray sealants" for the most part are nothing more than detailing sprays."

I'm interested what other experienced members have to say about this.

I agree that most only last a short amount of time. But Spray Waxes still offered more water beading, reflection and slickness than their sister product the Spray Detailers.

The statement is also interesting noting that Wolfgang Spritz Sealant says it adds months worth of protection. It may not last that long, but it seems alot longer than the days or weeks you mentioned. I don't mean to say anything at all against your statements. I trust what you say. I'm just wondering if others have experienced Spray Waxes offering more than just regular Detail Sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't really put much importance on durability since I use some kind of spray LSP after almost every wash, even when I do waterless. I like WGDGSS for the combination of its ease of use, smell, slickness, and appearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

Good to know! I have a gallon. I think I got it for $30 from the Black Friday sale.

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Personally I don't really put much importance on durability since I use some kind of spray LSP after almost every wash, even when I do waterless. I like WGDGSS for the combination of its ease of use, smell, slickness, and appearance.
    Same here. I'm really after the look/bling. Not too worried about protection longevity because it gets replenished weekly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think somewhere someone else's reply got placed as mine. If Wolfgang works like a spray sealant, it definitely beads, but doesn't shed water. We had some snow showers today. My wife's car is covered with water spots on the flat surfaces. Sides all look fine. I'll have to find some time to do a wash to see what the beading looks like but as of right now I'm a little disappointed

Post Thanks / Like

I do wonder how it would behave as a drying aid, both conventional wash and rinseless.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123