autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WGDGPS - 2 Coats

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    What are your thoughts on the durability of this product?
    Will it hold up like Klasse SG or Collinite 845 (yes, I realize one is a sealant and one is a wax/hybrid/something)

I toying with going to the WG twins for polishing on my car this Spring, but those thoughts always lead to their sealant as well.
    If it would work with my bi-annual total detail schedule I might be willing to give it a try.
    Of course there are so many variables to consider when durability of any given LSP is discussed...

But if:
    Longevity (of beading)...is one of the parameters, then I've always had around the, as advertised:
    "more than double the longevity of the average carnauba wax"...
    in other words: around 4-6 months: A bi-annual Sealant.

Following is a testimony of WGDGPS's performance in Florida's environmental conditions:
    5 Month Durability Report: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

WGDGPS: It's Good Stuff!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

The paint looks fantastic. I have to agree, WGDGPS 3.0 is some really nice stuff!

Further evidence, that not only does this product make dark colors glow, but light colors as well. This was the very first AG product I used on my Tahoe as an LSP, and the paint honestly didn't look that good when the vehicle was brand new. Of course the paint was treated to the WG Twins prior.

I can imagine the temptation, and pain, of a pot of Fuzion, sitting there like some poor orphan, and not getting used! I say go for it! Mark

Post Thanks / Like

If you have questions or concerns about looks apply Fuzion after 2 layers of WGDGPS, here are some threads I posted a while back with the same exact layers.

Tried 2 Layers of WGDGPS 3.0
    The problem I have with WG Fuzion...

IMO, apply the Fuzion, you won't be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious how many of you guys add 2 layers of WGDGPS3.0? Also, I have always wonder how WGDGPS3 compares to Menzerna Powerlock?
    "We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" -Congressman Larry Patton McDonald

Post Thanks / Like
    Again man it looks great!
    I'll only use WGGPS from here on out.
    It's the most amazing sealant I ever used. The shine is incredible.
    Like you said it spreads easy and wipes off just as easy.
    I find the longer you wait to wipe it off the easier it is to remove which is fine with me because I know its fully cured.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Of course there are so many variables to consider when durability of any given LSP is discussed...

But if:
    Longevity (of beading)...is one of the parameters, then I've always had around the, as advertised:
    "more than double the longevity of the average carnauba wax"...
    in other words: around 4-6 months: A bi-annual Sealant.

Following is a testimony of WGDGPS's performance in Florida's environmental conditions:
    5 Month Durability Report: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

WGDGPS: It's Good Stuff!!

Bob
    Thanks Bob. I had missed that thread in my searches. My summer environment is probably less harsh that Florida due to less rain, but winter is far worse with ice/snow/salt/touchless car washes/etc. Even so, it might be worth the investment based on the rave reviews.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Jeep looks great OP.

Not only does doing the second coat ensure even protection, but it amps up the shine IMO. There was always a very distinct difference in appearance after adding the 2nd coat on my red truck, waiting 12hrs between coats. Not only that but it was slicker as well.

Go ahead and put Fuzion on top of it. You won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't.

What are your thoughts on the durability of this product? Will it hold up like Klasse SG or Collinite 845 (yes, I realize one is a sealant and one is a wax/hybrid/something)

I toying with going to the WG twins for polishing on my car this Spring, but those thoughts always lead to their sealant as well. If it would work with my bi-annual total detail schedule I might be willing to give it a try.

OP: The Jeep looks fantastic.
    It has awesome durability. Stands up to winter and automatic touchless washes with ease.

Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 - Winter Test

Quote Originally Posted by RevHeat View Post
    Just curious how many of you guys add 2 layers of WGDGPS3.0? Also, I have always wonder how WGDGPS3 compares to Menzerna Powerlock?
    I do. Ensures even coverage for me and like I said above, I notice a difference in appearance and slickness after adding the second coat.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob. I had missed that thread in my searches. My summer environment is probably less harsh that Florida due to less rain, but winter is far worse with ice/snow/salt/touchless car washes/etc. Even so, it might be worth the investment based on the rave reviews.
    -It appears that we both reside close to I-70's "Lake-effect" Winter-weather.
    -I've had great success with WGDGPS during the Winter months, as well.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    The paint looks fantastic. I have to agree, WGDGPS 3.0 is some really nice stuff!

Further evidence, that not only does this product make dark colors glow, but light colors as well. This was the very first AG product I used on my Tahoe as an LSP, and the paint honestly didn't look that good when the vehicle was brand new. Of course the paint was treated to the WG Twins prior.

I can imagine the temptation, and pain, of a pot of Fuzion, sitting there like some poor orphan, and not getting used! I say go for it! Mark
    It's really good stuff, made a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    If you have questions or concerns about looks apply Fuzion after 2 layers of WGDGPS, here are some threads I posted a while back with the same exact layers.

Tried 2 Layers of WGDGPS 3.0
    The problem I have with WG Fuzion...

IMO, apply the Fuzion, you won't be disappointed.
    Yes, that was the plan from the beginning, to top it with Fuzion. It's Garage kept unlike the truck that will just see 2 coats of WGDGPS.

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    Again man it looks great!
    I'll only use WGGPS from here on out.
    It's the most amazing sealant I ever used. The shine is incredible.
    Like you said it spreads easy and wipes off just as easy.
    I find the longer you wait to wipe it off the easier it is to remove which is fine with me because I know its fully cured.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

I just waited a few hours, it was in the garage anyway so there wasn't any hurry.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. I know you have used M21 and megs UW before. How woud you compare WGDGPS 3.0 to them?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast