autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    What was it that Forrest Gump said?
    Lifes like a box of condoms?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's with the "3.0" nomenclature?

Life is a bunch of waxes?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
    True.

Like we all really need a new iPhone every 6 months.
    Like we can all really BUY a new iPhone every 6 months! I've had two phones of mine, plus two of my kids fail in less than the 24 month contract period over the last 18 months. Well his 2nd one was because he dropped it in water and we 'lost' it so we could turn in an insurance claim and be HONORED to pay $199 for a new one.

The kids first one I raised enough heck to where they finally let me do an upgrade from a basic phone to a HTC OneX even though his contract wasn't up.

But the two I had, 1 was an iPhone, the other was a Samsung S3 both failed completely in under 24 months. My only choice was to get a refurb replacement. It only lasted about 3 months and failed to even boot up. I told them I'd just like to buy a NEW phone but they wanted $600 and a contract breakage fee. The replacement ran so hot you could keep your hands warm while climbing Mt. Everest in a blizzard with it! Lasted just a couple months.

Fast forward a couple months and there I was again, no working phone, no CHANCE of even a refurb of that model anymore (thank God) and being told I couldn't buy a new one because I still had 10 months till my contract was up. (Keep in mind that I've had uninterrupted service with AT&T on a business account with 4 lines since 1986.)

I had to go crazy on them and ended up using my wife's 'upgrade' to get a darned new phone!

The problem with CG is not nomenclature as such as it is redundant products

I am in the process of buying soap.

I still don't know which one I want. Lol
    CG's website is about the most byzantine thing I've ever seen in my life! Sure steers me away from there.

Although I think they could have somebody give their labels a bit of a face lift / er total makeover.

I do understand the 3.0 thing as it ties the product lineup together. Could just as well be bronze, gold, silver, platinum like say you'd get for a (of all things) sealant at your local dealership.

Perhaps the 3.0 (to them) is an attempt in making the buyer feel as if he's getting the latest and greatest itineration. (Although it surely does sound like you might could step back to the 2.0 version if say you wanted to save a couple of bucks.)

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with CG is not nomenclature as such as it is redundant products

I am in the process of buying soap.

I still don't know which one I want. Lol
    No kidding! As a Newbie, Chemical Guys is probably the most daunting brand that I've seen. They have tons of videos (that only have voice on one channel because despite using a high end DSLR rig to record the videos; they evidently decided to buy a radio shack mono lapel mic at the last minute for audio), but there's so much crap for so many different scenarios! Forget it!

I went with Meguiars UC and Ultimate Polish. We'll see what it does and what it can't do then figure out what I need from 'the other guys'. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Good reads. ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Like we can all really BUY a new iPhone every 6 months! I've had two phones of mine, plus two of my kids fail in less than the 24 month contract period over the last 18 months. Well his 2nd one was because he dropped it in water and we 'lost' it so we could turn in an insurance claim and be HONORED to pay $199 for a new one.

The kids first one I raised enough heck to where they finally let me do an upgrade from a basic phone to a HTC OneX even though his contract wasn't up.

But the two I had, 1 was an iPhone, the other was a Samsung S3 both failed completely in under 24 months. My only choice was to get a refurb replacement. It only lasted about 3 months and failed to even boot up. I told them I'd just like to buy a NEW phone but they wanted $600 and a contract breakage fee. The replacement ran so hot you could keep your hands warm while climbing Mt. Everest in a blizzard with it! Lasted just a couple months.

Fast forward a couple months and there I was again, no working phone, no CHANCE of even a refurb of that model anymore (thank God) and being told I couldn't buy a new one because I still had 10 months till my contract was up. (Keep in mind that I've had uninterrupted service with AT&T on a business account with 4 lines since 1986.)

I had to go crazy on them and ended up using my wife's 'upgrade' to get a darned new phone!

There is something to be said about a NORMAL good old flip phone....

I did the smart phone thing once.... It's in a drawer someplace now......

I don't text....

I don't get on the net with a phone... I have computers for that....

Post Thanks / Like

Cell phones were great when nobody but the very few could afford them and the service....

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya' know Jim. I'm starting to think the same darned way.

My first "mobile phone" was installed in my rollback in 1986. I drove around for the first year with a beeper, having to pull over ALL OVER TOWN to take my calls. (Small operation without two-way radios.)

I was TICKLED TO DEATH to buy that Mitsubishi phone ON SALE for $999.99! (It was a $1299.99 plus installation phone.)

Then bought a 6 pound battery for it, a 8" rubber antenna and I was stylin' and profiling!

Thinking back, the Motorola flip phones were most likely the best of the bunch.

Now.... we have 2 iPhones and 2 Samsung S4's. I can send a rocket to Mars with my freaking cell phone. Making a CALL on the other hand.... that's a different matter!

Don't you just love it when you go to make a call and your phone thinks your doing a Google search! Then it tries to spell check and changes the phone number you're dialing, and you end up calling the "police" when you told to call "Patrice"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Ya' know Jim. I'm starting to think the same darned way.

My first "mobile phone" was installed in my rollback in 1986. I drove around for the first year with a beeper, having to pull over ALL OVER TOWN to take my calls. (Small operation without two-way radios.)

I was TICKLED TO DEATH to buy that Mitsubishi phone ON SALE for $999.99! (It was a $1299.99 plus installation phone.)

Then bought a 6 pound battery for it, a 8" rubber antenna and I was stylin' and profiling!

Thinking back, the Motorola flip phones were most likely the best of the bunch.

Now.... we have 2 iPhones and 2 Samsung S4's. I can send a rocket to Mars with my freaking cell phone. Making a CALL on the other hand.... that's a different matter!

Don't you just love it when you go to make a call and your phone thinks your doing a Google search! Then it tries to spell check and changes the phone number you're dialing, and you end up calling the "police" when you told to call "Patrice"!
    Yeah those were the days.

The beepers were bad enough I agree...

Post Thanks / Like

Back on topic though. Not sure what the 3.0 means really, but I can say it's defiantly good stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12