autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help

Post Thanks / Like

help

Car painted in January 07. Single stage with clear. A couple years ago I used WG paint enhancer and WG wax. Looked real good. This car was restored by myself. I look at the cars that glow and reflect and I want mine the same way. With the clear can it be that way? I just bought Reflect. Is there an answer? Thanks Frank

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help

Post some close-up pictures of the paint, so the Forum Members can see what type of defects you are trying to correct and give their advice.

- Will you be polishing by hand or do you have a machine?
    What type of machine is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buicfrank View Post
    Car painted in January 07. Single stage with clear. A couple years ago I used WG paint enhancer and WG wax. Looked real good. This car was restored by myself. I look at the cars that glow and reflect and I want mine the same way. With the clear can it be that way? I just bought Reflect. Is there an answer? Thanks Frank
    It's all in the polishing..getting the clear coat as clear and flat as possible. This will yield you an outstanding finish.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no defects in the paint. And I haven't tried the Reflect yet. I'm just looking for some instructions on how to use the products so i don't ruin the clear, and get the depth on the shine.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like

I will use the 7424.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buicfrank View Post
    There are no defects in the paint. And I haven't tried the Reflect yet. I'm just looking for some instructions on how to use the products so i don't ruin the clear, and get the depth on the shine.

Frank
    If there are not defects in the paint, you should not be polishing.

If it was painted in 2007 and has not been polished since (WG Paintwork Polish Enhancer is a paint cleaner w/o significant abrasives)...I suspect that the normal "Love Marks" and wash induced marring are present.

Pictures will help a lot.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

This page on AGO provides great information on virtually all aspects of detailing and will help you build a strong foundation.

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

Post Thanks / Like

This is a very vague answer. Post some pictures and I guarantee me or someone else here will be able to give you a step by step process to restore the luster!

Post Thanks / Like

i will post pictures tomorrow. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Have just clayed the car. Do you put on polish (car pro reflector) or fuzion wax first? Frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.