autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang paint sealant why have you forsaken me?

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    OMG, this thread is ridiculous.

What did you think the sealant was going to do if you parked your car out in the rain???

Did you think the sealant was going to be a forcefeild and the water would just fall around the outside of the car ? If water is left to sit on the car, its going to dry. Especially if it only comes in small quantitys, beads will stay on the paint. If there is large amounts of water, the water will sheet off the paint.WG paint sealant is at the top of its class. If protects your paint with a sacrificial barrier.

Another thing. When you have waterspots on your car like you shown in your pictures, it is best practice to remove them IMMEDIATELY ! Dont wait. if you would have waterless washed them off the car the next day they would have likely easily wiped off. Because you waited so long to wash them off, you gave the minerals time to eat through the paint sealant and then onto the paint where they can etch.

The only reason the product is being brought up here as the culprit is because you honestly have no idea (no disrespect) what a paint sealant or wax is used for.

if you have to leave your car outside and you see waterspots all over it still wet from the rain, you should go outside and flood the car with hosewater, so that it sheets off the car and no standing water droplets are left to dry on there own.
    Alright, I suppose I understand. Now, any advice on what I can do now since the water spots are already gouged deep? Start over with the PC 7424? I know I screwed up, but help dude.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang paint sealant why have you forsaken me?

Quote Originally Posted by scottphys View Post
    I've been experimenting with this WG product. I'm primarily a Megs man, but I haven't had any problem with WG. It appears to last a little longer that Meguiars, but that could be my imagination.

Take this for what it's worth, but IMO wax/sealant to me is a sacrificial barrier. It's intended to take the hit instead of your paint. Gloss and color
    depth after wax is a fringe benefit.

So your protective barrier is degraded and needs to be re-applied. If your paint is ok, then IMO the wax/sealant served its purpose.
    Right! This is exactly what I want, something I can spend a good amount of time putting on and then leave alone.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456