autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New car-"leather-appointed" seats

I've been lurking for days and finally joined so here's my seriously newby question: My new Camaro has "leather-appointed" seating. I don't know what that means. I'm thinking of getting the Wolfgang Cockpit Kit so I would have all I need to keep it looking great but I'm not sure if the products are usable on my seats. I also don't know if the Wolfgang products would be best to use on the dash or steering wheel or the inside of the doors or honestly which of their products to use where....My Camaro is the 45th Anniversay limited edition, and since my last new car lasted me 23 years, this is probably the last car I'll ever own. Car interiors have changed a lot and I doubt what works on my 88 Pulsar semi-plastic and cloth interior is right for my Camaro (and yes, I still have the Pulsar. It's parked in the garage next to the Camaro). Help?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car-"leather-appointed" seats

IDK what that means. Probally a fancy way of saying you have fake leather

Pour a small amount of water on your seat and see if it penetrates or rolls off. This will tell you if you have coated leather

Its been my expierence that Pleather is far more durable then Leather

Hope some of this made sense to you
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

PS,

Have a towel ready to wipe that water up. On uncoated leather it could leave a stain
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    PS,

Have a towel ready to wipe that water up. On uncoated leather it could leave a stain
    I thought all leather in car seats were coated these days. If that's true, wouldn't the water roll off anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamyeP View Post
    I thought all leather in car seats were coated these days. If that's true, wouldn't the water roll off anyway?
    Yes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamyeP View Post
    99.9% have coated leather. Some exotics and the Ford King Ranch edition p/ups don't. If you have uncoated leather it (liquid) will penetrate your seat, not roll off. More times then not if you let it sit there it will leave a stain

I kinda doubt you have uncoated leather. Is there anyway you could post a

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's dark outside, the car's in the garage and it's starting to rain so can't get pictures right now. The only pics I've taken were of the outside BUT, it's the 2012 45th Anniversay Camaro. The only option choice you have with that car is whether the seats are black or grey. They are "leather-appointed" whether you want that or not. My seats are grey. You can see the interior at the chevy site and maybe that will give you an idea: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/en/p...rochure_v5.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing you can do for your interior is get the windows tinted

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The best thing you can do for your interior is get the windows tinted
    Not helpful. What products can I use to clean and condition the interior, including the seats? That's what I need to know. My 88 is in mint condition and I'd like the information that will enable me to do the same for my Camaro. My cars are garage-kept. Are the Wolfgang products what I need or is there something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AG. Not sure but "Leather Appointed" seating is probably Chevy's way of saying "Leather in seating area only". You probably have coated leather where

as the WG leather conditioner will just sit on the surface and never penetrate. Look around on the ag site . You will find a few products that cover all materials on

today's cars. 303 and Bf interior protectant I like. I recently bought some WG vinyl and rubber and I like that better than the BF for the dash and doors. What did you

use on your last car? 23 years and its mint sound like good care to me. Maybe apply the "if it's not broke don't fix it" here. Good luck
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast