autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car-"leather-appointed" seats

Matching vinyl is used on the sides and backs of these seats. You'll notice that most the manufacturers use terms like "leather appointed", "leather trimmed", and "leather seating areas". It's so manufactures can use leather where they choose and where they choose not to.

These terms are used so that people cant say "I thought it was 100% leather."

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JamyeP View Post
    Not helpful. What products can I use to clean and condition the interior, including the seats? That's what I need to know. My 88 is in mint condition and I'd like the information that will enable me to do the same for my Camaro. My cars are garage-kept. Are the Wolfgang products what I need or is there something else?
    Nothing you put on coated leather will protect it (doesn't penetrate) It will make it look nice (if thats what you like) but won't do a thing to preserve

Sorry you don't like my answers. Just trying to give you an honest opinion
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New car-"leather-appointed" seats

I use Meguire's on the dash and plastic inside the door & the rubber under the floormats. I also use their products to wash & wax it. I have an inside source that gives me a gentle cleaning product that was great on the floormats and the trunk carpet which I will likely still use. The Camaro came with regular mats and special 45th edition ones that I immediately took out and put away so they will remain pristine. The fabric seats and fabric inside the doors on the Pulsar I just used woolite upolstery care. The only things I changed on the car was the stereo (since it only took cassettes) and the tires & wheels. I never thought I'd get a new car since I love driving that one so much but started rethinking that when the A/C finally died last summer. It was a ##### getting it fixed and I realized if something else went wrong, I was going to have a bear of a time getting parts. It's a sweet car and not only still looks great, the engine runs great, still purrs, but it sure is nice having cupholders. LOL!

Thanks for the advice. I will look around some more. I want to get what will work and keep the car as nice as it is now. I'm so anal-retentive about this car, I've already washed & waxed it twice and it doesn't even have 200 miles on it yet. It looks so awesome when it's clean & super shiny. I intend to keep it that way. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome

A lot of ppl rave about 303 or Leather Masters
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

You could try Optimum protectant plus. That should help protect you seats.

Flash mentioned the window tint because sun will be your worst enemy !

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think appying anything will hurt, I just don't think it will help

Good call on the window tint buddhadog

Post Thanks / Like

Although i dont have a chevy i do have a '10 g37 and those seats are definitely coated. Ive used both the WG conditioner and cleaner on the seats and i cannot feel or see a difference when i use the conditioner, but the cleaner does a fantastic job of bringing back the color. I'd suggest just cleaning the leather every month with the WG cleaner and when the coating breaks down many years from now add a conditioner to your cleaning regimen.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New car-"leather-appointed" seats

Found the answer--Mother's has a formula designed specifically for the new kind of seats and interiors. It works on leather and "pleather" and vinyl and does a terrific job. My car still looks new inside and out...Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12