autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant Petroleum & Silicate free? Water Based?

So hard to decide between the carpro perl and Wolfgang trim. I guess they are both good products I should just pick one and go with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRXINXS View Post
    So hard to decide between the carpro perl and Wolfgang trim. I guess they are both good products I should just pick one and go with it!
    Seems to me you should go with PERL. Considering it is seriously multi-purpose, highly regarded, and can be diluted for a greater volume of product it is what I'd call a WIN/WIN.
    2011 Ford Edge Limited - White Platinum Metallic
    2012 Ford F150 FX4 Lux - Sterling Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is an old thread, but whether knowingly or not, the makes of Ultima and most detailing products, better known as Premium Finish Care, go into depth why there products and carrier's and solvents are safe for the materials that make up your vehicle. I highly doubt that the catch terms "silicone" "petroleum distillates" and "water based" will ever truly be understood by the end user of the products, but as Mike said earlier, you get what you pay for when purchasing quality products. There are quite a few companys and formulaters like Premium Finish Care out there making products, but before VOC laws there were a lot of harsh products made up for low costs that flooded the market and started the trend of spreading the few catchwords that you still see pop up from time to time and probably always will.

There are good silicones and bad silicones. Same goes for Petroleum distillates.

I know you mentioned 1Z vinyl rubber protectant and your favoring towards it because its water based, but guess what ????? Did you know that product contains silicone in it ?? (how do you think its water proof). Here we go again. This could be taken out of context very easily. The reality is that 1Z use's the "good" silicone in there products and not the nasty , blaphemy "silicone !!!!" word that we all run from and hide when we hear. The reality is that 1Z protectant is a very high quality product that is very safe for you vehicles rubber and plastic even though it contains chemicals that you thought would destroy your vehicle.

anyway, here is the article from Coreys excellent writeup on Ultima. I relate Ultima to the Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant because both products are virtually the same chemically and in usage. (correct me if i'm wrong).

Ultima: "Clearly Different"! What makes it so?

Post Thanks / Like

mg,

Thank you for the response! I did read Corey's article when it came out and I eventually bought Ultima Tire and Trim Guard. I feel safe using it after talking to Corey and reading the Q & A he did with Ultima.

Drew
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deleted post

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duplicate post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123