autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    Spraying with a quick detail should be fine. If it's just sitting overnight outside, you definately don't need to wash it. In fact, spraying it with a nice carnauba spray wax like Pinnacle's new one, and then topping that with Souveran Paste would be vey nice I'd imagine. The spray carnauba wax would be acting some what like a glaze.

Remember that when your curing the sealant the point is to not get any water/liquid on the surface. So make sure you aren't going to have any dew on the vehicle's paint in the morning when your curing a sealant.

That's a good idea, the spray wax, now I have another good reason for getting it, as I planned on getting it when I was all done with my polishing and sealing and waxing anyway as a good way to maintain between waxes.

Wow, I'm glad you mentioned the dew factor, I never even thought about it.
    Chit, don't really know what I can do to prevent that, since right now in Florida, it's warm during the day, then drops alot at night and causes condensation to form. Maybe I should get a very light car cover, just to prevent the dew, I would think a heavy one might push the sealant around as your putting it on, if ya know what I'm trying to say.

That or I stand guard all night with a leaf blower in hand...back off condensation...just back off!

Maybe put those double halogen lights, all around the car, neighbors would be scratching their heads..."What the...???" "Poor man has lost his mind." "Seen it before ya know...yep...yessiree, give ya five to one he found Autogeekonline.net"
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 02-16-2007 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK
    That's a good idea, the spray wax, now I have another good reason for getting it, as I planned on getting it when I was all done with my polishing and sealing and waxing anyway as a good way to maintain between waxes.

Wow, I'm glad you mentioned the dew factor, I never even thought about it.
    Chit, don't really know what I can do to prevent that, since right now in Florida, it's warm during the day, then drops alot at night and causes condensation to form. Maybe I should get a very light car cover, just to prevent the dew, I would think a heavy one might push the sealant around as your putting it on, if ya know what I'm trying to say.

That or I stand guard all night with a leaf blower in hand...back off condensation...just back off!

Maybe put those double halogen lights, all around the car, neighbors would be scratching their heads..."What the...???" "Poor man has lost his mind." "Seen it before ya know...yep...yessiree, give ya five to one he found Autogeekonline.net"
    If you pay attention to the weather and find a hot, dry day coming up, take the extra effort and get up early to apply a sealant. Maybe polish the night before and then apply the sealant the next morning. Just use a decent cleaning QD w/ no carnauba to clean/prep the surface for the Sealant. If it's a hotter/dry day the sealant will cure in about 8 hours, so that should be pleanty of time before dew sets in. You can do it when it's semi-humid, but it will take more of a full 12 hours to cure then.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally did the Sealant and topped it with Souveran. Nothing like having the best of both worlds. The Wolfgang products are very user friendly with outstanding results. I really like this combo.

Can anyone recommend a very light swirl remover.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverBuffEnuff
    I finally did the Sealant and topped it with Souveran. Nothing like having the best of both worlds. The Wolfgang products are very user friendly with outstanding results. I really like this combo.

Can anyone recommend a very light swirl remover.

Brian
    XMT #1 is probably as light as you can get that's a pure polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Before using W-DGPS?

I am planning on claying, then applying DG 101 followed by DG 105 by hand, then the DGPS.

So, is there any reason to abandon the 101/105 combo in favor of PWPE?

Greg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12