autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to tell DGPS 3.0 apart from original?

I'm wondering if anyone has both the original DGPS and the 3.0 version side by side and can describe a way to differentiate them. Is the color maybe different? Are either of them the same color as the Wolfgang Plastik Sealant?

I have a bottle of DGPS which I think should be the 3.0 version but doesn't have a 3.0 sticker anywhere on it. I just want some way to confirm what it is before I get too far with testing and talking about it to find out I have the wrong version.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to tell DGPS 3.0 apart from original?

Hmmm..........

Post Thanks / Like

The new version its be thicker, plus the we have placed a 3.0 label on the bottles.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The new version its be thicker, plus the we have placed a 3.0 label on the bottles.
    Hmm, that doesn't help unless I've got two bottles to compare with. When I purchased my order does say 3.0, but my bottle doesn't have a 3.0 sticker on it which is why I'm not so sure I have the right version.

Say I only have the wolfgang plastic sealant and one of the versions of the DGPS, is there any easy way to tell which DGPS it is by saying one of them has the color or thickness of the plastik sealant and the other has a different color or thickness?

Or does anyone have both and have a picture of both squirted onto something out of the bottle so the color and thickness can be seen?

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, I will check tomorrow and see if I can find anything noticably different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcwang View Post
    Hmm, that doesn't help unless I've got two bottles to compare with. When I purchased my order does say 3.0, but my bottle doesn't have a 3.0 sticker on it which is why I'm not so sure I have the right version.

Say I only have the wolfgang plastic sealant and one of the versions of the DGPS, is there any easy way to tell which DGPS it is by saying one of them has the color or thickness of the plastik sealant and the other has a different color or thickness?

Or does anyone have both and have a picture of both squirted onto something out of the bottle so the color and thickness can be seen?
    Were did you get it from?
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Were did you get it from?
    I bought it from the wolfgangcarcare.com website.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm subscribed because I placed an order for DGPS3.0 as well.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcwang View Post
    I bought it from the wolfgangcarcare.com website.
    I think the newer version has been around for at least two years, first released at a previous DF. They come with a gold 3.0 sticker on the top of bottle, easy to pull off when opening bottle. If you got it here you have more than likely gotten the newer version.

Its slightly slicker initially and thicker as Jason offered, also lasts longer and more glossy too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I think the newer version has been around for at least two years, first released at a previous DF. They come with a gold 3.0 sticker on the top of bottle, easy to pull off when opening bottle. If you got it here you have more than likely gotten the newer version.

Its slightly slicker initially and thicker as Jason offered, also lasts longer and more glossy too.
    Hmm, my bottle has a "shake well" sticker at the top of the bottle, not a 3.0 sticker.

Well I certainly hope I got a 3.0 version since that is what I ordered, but I'm still not so sure. I got it sometime mid 2009 so it was closer to when it switched over so it's possible both stock was still available at the time.

If there is no easy visual way to tell the 3.0 apart from the old one, how about based on beading or durability? Is there a big difference in beading properties and how long they last between the two versions? Maybe 3.0 beads better and longer than Fuzion and the original is worse than Fuzion? If that is the case at least I have some metric to compare to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast