autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Used my Wolfgang DGPS for first time

To be honest I'm a little discouraged with the results. My question is I used DG 101 for my paint prep as the car is in good shape and just wanted to try something different than my Klasse AIO. Could there be a bonding issue with the DG 101 and the DGPS. I do own the Wolfgang paint work polish enhancer, but was not happy with the results on a previous detail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used my Wolfgang DGPS for first time

Quote Originally Posted by jdog350 View Post
    To be honest I'm a little discouraged with the results. My question is I used DG 101 for my paint prep as the car is in good shape and just wanted to try something different than my Klasse AIO. Could there be a bonding issue with the DG 101 and the DGPS. I do own the Wolfgang paint work polish enhancer, but was not happy with the results on a previous detail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
    DG 101 is pretty much a cleaner wax. If you want to top Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 with a wax, look for a wax that has no cleaning abilities such as Wolfgang Fuzion, Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Signature Series II, or DP Max Wax. As for the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, it is a paint cleaner that does not have the ability to remove imperfections. If you were trying to remove imperfections, you should look at Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think the DG 101 would affect bonding. Even the directions of the DG 101 says it leaves a coating on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 has been a great combo for me.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replied gents, my main concern was if the DG 101 would effect the bonding of the WGDGPS. I did use the Wolfgang twins Swirl remover and finishing glaze awhile back with my PC, so the paint is in good shape. I also do own Fuzion and DP max wax also. Maybe tommorow after the WGDPS has time to cure ill be more impressed. I've noticed that before with my Menzerna Powerlock. I do love the Fuzion wax though. Ill post an update tommorow. Once again thanks gents for the input much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdog350 View Post
    Thanks for the replied gents, my main concern was if the DG 101 would effect the bonding of the WGDGPS. I did use the Wolfgang twins Swirl remover and finishing glaze awhile back with my PC, so the paint is in good shape. I also do own Fuzion and DP max wax also. Maybe tommorow after the WGDPS has time to cure ill be more impressed. I've noticed that before with my Menzerna Powerlock. I do love the Fuzion wax though. Ill post an update tommorow. Once again thanks gents for the input much appreciated.
    What are you dissatisfied with as far as WGDGPS? Application, looks?? Personally, I wouldn't use a cleaner wax under any sealant. Wolfgang paint polish enhancer is a great chemical cleaner prior to WGDGPS. What were you expecting from the paint polish enhancer?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toxygene View Post
    Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 has been a great combo for me.
    Likewise.
    Seems to work great together.
    Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 101 is not really a cleaner/wax it is a cleaner/sealant(synthetic). Before topping it with anything it needs to cure. And since DG601 wasn't mentioned - at least 12 hrs. You would probably be better of topping with a wax. I use Collinite 845 works very nicely.

Nobody here knows for sure, but it may easily cause some bonding problems with other sealants. Generally sealants are best on clean paint.

BTW: Klasse AIO leaves a layer of something on your paint. I have read in other post of WG over Klasse sealant - If that works well I don't see why it wouldn't work with DG101
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    What are you dissatisfied with as far as WGDGPS? Application, looks?? Personally, I wouldn't use a cleaner wax under any sealant. Wolfgang paint polish enhancer is a great chemical cleaner prior to WGDGPS. What were you expecting from the paint polish enhancer?
    That reminds me, I have to add the Wolfgang Paint Polish Enhancer to my next order. Seems like the perfect product to use prior to an application of Fuzion.

Post Thanks / Like

Essentially you applied a sealant on top of another sealant. Even if you allowed the first one to cure, it's unlikely the second one would adhere/bond correctly.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast