autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Fuzion vs P21S Carnuba

I really wish I would have read that 5.5" pads do a better job than 6.5" when it comes to correction before placing my order for the PCXP w/ XL Pad Kit. Hope I'll still be fine with the 6.5" pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by veeko View Post
    I really wish I would have read that 5.5" pads do a better job than 6.5" when it comes to correction before placing my order for the PCXP w/ XL Pad Kit. Hope I'll still be fine with the 6.5" pads.
    Contact the folks at AG and see if they can help you.

Otherwise, the 6.5" should work fine. The 5.5" should cut faster.

You may need to consider the extent of corretion required, chemicals and pad to realize the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Contact the folks at AG and see if they can help you.

Otherwise, the 6.5" should work fine. The 5.5" should cut faster.

You may need to consider the extent of corretion required, chemicals and pad to realize the difference.
    Unfortunately the kit is prepackaged and they are unable to swap any of the pads. I can see how the 5.5" pads would cut faster though. I would assume it has to do with the amount of the backplate that actually makes contact with the pad which allows it to work more accurate and effectively.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the kit is prepackaged and they are unable to swap any of the pads. I can see how the 5.5" pads would cut faster though. I would assume it has to do with the amount of the backplate that actually makes contact with the pad which allows it to work more accurate and effectively.
    Alot of it has to do with surface area of the pad. The 5.5 pads are smaller so the machine is able to spin them better thus lending itself to faster correction.

Since you are getting the 6.5 pads you need to learn how to clean on the fly, search mikes threads and you will find it (I'd give you a link but I'm using my phone) cleaning them will help keep them from getting saturated with spent product also aiding in faster, better correction.

Jon
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I use a combination of 6.5" pads and 4" pads and I can get a fair bit done. As others have said, keeping your pads clean and not bogged down with product is essential.

Keep in mind, pads don't last forever and if you are doing quite a bit of detailing (even for personal use), you'll go through pads pretty quick, so stocking up on more pads is never a bad idea, trust me, you'll use them.
    The “frozen concepts” reasoning runs contrary to one of the most fundamental principles of constitutional interpretation: that our Constitution is a living tree which, by way of progressive interpretation, accommodates and addresses the realities of modern life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12