autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang 3.0 review

Quote Originally Posted by buicfrank View Post
    Bill what I need is something to put on the car to get the wax and quick detailer off it. Then I will start over again with the sealant. Frank
    Use the WG Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer...it will remove the old waxes and quick detailers.

Read what RMM posted above

Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I actually applied it for the first time this afternoon. I have had the bottle for about 7 months so upon removing the seal I shook the contents up for a few minutes. When I went to add some to my pad it came out VERY runny and separated. So I continued to shake the contents of the bottle, but It never thickened up. When I applied it to the car though it thickened up and seemed to spread thin and evenly fairly easy. Anyone else have this experience? Is it supposed to be very runny and almost separated?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98LowRanger View Post
    Great review! I actually applied it for the first time this afternoon. I have had the bottle for about 7 months so upon removing the seal I shook the contents up for a few minutes. When I went to add some to my pad it came out VERY runny and separated. So I continued to shake the contents of the bottle, but It never thickened up. When I applied it to the car though it thickened up and seemed to spread thin and evenly fairly easy. Anyone else have this experience? Is it supposed to be very runny and almost separated?

I've been seeing this a lot lately in different forum posts.

Mine sits for 3 or 4 months at a time and I never have a problem with it. I shake it up for about a minute and it's ready to go.

I wonder if they changed the formula recently to cause this. I got mine about 18 months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused about the directions from Wolfgang. Here's what their website says:

Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

The directions on the product bottle says to work in small sections. Which is right? Does it matter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willieg View Post
    I'm confused about the directions from Wolfgang. Here's what their website says:

Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

The directions on the product bottle says to work in small sections. Which is right? Does it matter?

I do the entire vehicle at one time, then let sit before wiping it off. I have never had an issue with this approach.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang is pretty giving on application. I would not try to very large areas (like an entire hood) since you will be moving around a lot but something like 1/4 or 1/3 hood, etc. I usually do 3 passes to insure even coverage then move to next area. The pad will build up product so you can kiss the surface in spots to release some of it when starting a new section then dab on a little more to get the even coverage.

After doing the entire car, let it haze some, then I start removing it in the order I applied it. It should pass the swipe test where you can swipe with mf and leave a clear spot.

Be sure to shake well before using.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Sounds like different approaches work. Since I apply this product by hand I will probably go with doing larger areas (or whole vehicle). Appreciate your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Does uber compound need to be followed by TSR for best result?
    Follow Über with Finishing Glaze on a white or gray pad depending on how the paint reacts.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Wolfgang 3.0 stain trim?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UglyBetty View Post
    I do the entire vehicle at one time, then let sit before wiping it off. I have never had an issue with this approach.

I let it sit on the vehicle 45-60 minutes.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast