Yesterday I detailed my SUV. I was using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover with a green Rupes pad, and Rupes polisher. To keep the pads moist, I would apply 2-3 sprays of Wolfgang Pad Werks Polishing Pad Conditioner before applying the polish. Once I used up the last of my supply of conditioner, I switched to Wolfgang Instant Detail Spray which is also recommended as a pad lubricant similar to the official pad conditioner.

I immediately noted three changes...none for the better. First it would take about five sprays to keep the pad moist which led to a lot of TSR spatter because of the initial excessive pad moisture. Second the pad would dry out much quicker and I was limited to only 5 passes instead of 8 as used with the regular pad conditioner. Third due to the quick dry time on the pad, the pads deteriorated much quicker.

Has anybody else noticed this phenomenon? I no longer believe the Instant Detail Spray to be a vial alternative to the Pad Conditioner, and I guess I'll have to fork over additional money for both products. Comments appreciated.