autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Live Video Stream this Saturday and Sunday

Thank you to everyone over at Autogeek who made it possible for us here on the forum to watch!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure do appreciate the good folks at AGO for letting me and Levi get a birds-eye view of how it's done properly. We really look forward to another live feed in the future.

A big thanks to Yancy, Mike, and Nick.
    Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What did he use to prep the pads before adding the swirl remover? Also, I had to leave, but wanted to know was there a wiping technique used to remove the wax on the final waxing?

thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MackIII View Post
    What did he use to prep the pads before adding the swirl remover? Also, I had to leave, but wanted to know was there a wiping technique used to remove the wax on the final waxing?

thx
    The pads were prepped with Advanced Swirl Remover by spreading a coating like spreading peanut butter on toast (Mike' analogy). Then, three pea size dots are placed on the pad to start working it.

Sorry you had to leave but the removal of the wax is designed to make sure that we didn't undo all of the hard work going into making the gloss on the finish the best we could get. Very high quality Microfiber towels were used and each person removing wax was wearing at least one microfiber glove. The towel is folded in the typical manner (fourths) and a small spot of the entire waxed car is "broken" and then the spot is "creeped out" removing wax slowly with frequent turning of the towel.

The weekend was amazing and we learned a lot. Mike is a great teacher and IMO is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the detail business. A big thanks to Max for allowing us to have these classes and to Mike for teaching them and to Nick for all of his support. These classes are the best way to learn and to get an opportunity to try out every machine in the store. Highly recommended. If you enjoyed the live feed, imagine how much you will enjoy being at the next class.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryncarzk View Post
    WOW!!! That truck looks awesome! Those guys are doing a great job!
    Thanks. We had a blast. The classes are highly recommended if there is any way you can get to one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryncarzk View Post
    Great job Yancy!!! As always Mike did a great job teaching everyone!
    Yancy is amazing. How he managed to keep up with 16 wild men running around polishing a truck is hard to comprehend. Unless you see it, you cannot imagine all the work he does to get this In production. Thanks for all your hard work Yancy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yancy View Post
    They did an awesome job on the grill.
    The credit goes to our youngest detailer, Max. It was his idea and initiative. Sure made the grill pop and set off the entire front.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    The pads were prepped with Advanced Swirl Remover by spreading a coating like spreading peanut butter on toast (Mike' analogy). Then, three pea size dots are placed on the pad to start working it.

Sorry you had to leave but the removal of the wax is designed to make sure that we didn't undo all of the hard work going into making the gloss on the finish the best we could get. Very high quality Microfiber towels were used and each person removing wax was wearing at least one microfiber glove. The towel is folded in the typical manner (fourths) and a small spot of the entire waxed car is "broken" and then the spot is "creeped out" removing wax slowly with frequent turning of the towel.

The weekend was amazing and we learned a lot. Mike is a great teacher and IMO is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the detail business. A big thanks to Max for allowing us to have these classes and to Mike for teaching them and to Nick for all of his support. These classes are the best way to learn and to get an opportunity to try out every machine in the store. Highly recommended. If you enjoyed the live feed, imagine how much you will enjoy being at the next class.

Thank you so much for your very thorough answers to my questions. So basically just having a good quality microfiber towel and rotating it frequently to remove the wax was it. I thought I over heard something about a certain type of way one should wipe the wax off, as I was on the phone at work, but wasn't sure.

Great classes and learned a lot!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MackIII View Post
    Thank you so much for your very thorough answers to my questions. So basically just having a good quality microfiber towel and rotating it frequently to remove the wax was it. I thought I over heard something about a certain type of way one should wipe the wax off, as I was on the phone at work, but wasn't sure.

Great classes and learned a lot!!!
    I think the point that was being made was you don't just grab a towel and start wiping uncontrolled. This was a show car and the paint was single stage so it was fairly soft. Using poor technique or rough towels could have introduced scratches that we had spent a lot of man hours getting rid of and didn't want new ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Yancy is amazing. How he managed to keep up with 16 wild men running around polishing a truck is hard to comprehend. Unless you see it, you cannot imagine all the work he does to get this In production. Thanks for all your hard work Yancy.
    You are welcome and thanks.

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast