autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Compound & Polish votes and advice

Okay right now I'm using V series polishes. Love them all. I'm looking to add some SMAT polishes to speed corrections up. I'm running low on the V series, So here is the chance to add some SMAT's. This is what I am thinking to use for ceramic and conventional clear.

M105/M205 - Classic combo easy to get anywhere and cheaper then other polishes. I can use two polishes on just about everything

Menz- FG400/PF2500 - 2500 formulated for conventional clear coat only. So perhaps SF4000 however on standard clear I can use 2500 as a one step.

Wolfgang - Uber 3.0 - Can probably finish down near LSP ready with just switching pads. I know it's a Hybrid DAT and SMAT. I love the idea of one polish for everything. I can still follow up with V38 if I need to polish the paint even further.

So votes and advice would be great. I'm looking to use the least amount of steps for near LSP ready paint. I rarely do Full Corrections. Most are two step.

Thanks guys for all the help.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Compound & Polish votes and advice

Uber is great. So is FG400. Id probably go with Uber I believe its a tad more user friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

i use both the Menzerna and Wolfgang line and you cannot go wrong with either one

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for the uber compound or fg400. I personally don't like using 105 at all. It works but is not enjoyable to use compared to the other choices. I love 205 as a good all around polish though. I have used uber compound on a dozen different cars without having to polish after. I still do but I doubt most people could tell the difference. I cant tell much difference ubercompound vs fg400. Buy whatever is cheaper. I think either is money well spent compared to 105. I gave my 105 away and will never use it again. I did at least 12 cars with it and tried all the techniques I could find online. There are simply easier to use products available that get results.

Post Thanks / Like

You mentioned wanting to try SMAT products.

The Meguiar's twins are SMAT while the others are DAT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post

That's what I was going to say. Try Optimum Polishes. Nobody talks about them, but they are very good, cheap, and SMAT.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post

THIS!!!!

Also, if you're really looking at SMAT, you need to seriously consider Megs D-300 & D-302. If you want a tried and proven AIO, M151 will get the job done, (although with a wax/sealant component to it). Which btw is why D-300 is such a great product, without the wax/sealant. Then instead of 105, get 101 you'll be very - very - VERY GLAD you did.

Post Thanks / Like

I use FG400 / SF4000, but also PF2500 from Menzerna. Uber Compound is very similar to FG400, but if I have to get one, FG400 would be it.

For SMAT product, I've used 105/205, D300, all great products, but if I was to 'risk' some SMAT nowadays it would be M101, agreeing with cardaddy above.

This because any of the Meg's cited above are my choices in relation to Menzerna Polishes.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    THIS!!!!

Also, if you're really looking at SMAT, you need to seriously consider Megs D-300 & D-302. If you want a tried and proven AIO, M151 will get the job done, (although with a wax/sealant component to it). Which btw is why D-300 is such a great product, without the wax/sealant. Then instead of 105, get 101 you'll be very - very - VERY GLAD you did.
    I agree. 101 and 205 are all I need for anything I would be willing to tackle. I do have some finer polishes and some DATs, but I rarely use them.

Just my $.02 worth...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    THIS!!!!

D300 and D302 on the Meguiar;s microfiber pads is a great combo. Even on foam pads they work really nice. I agree with M101 over M105.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast