autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tine to try Menzerna - Make recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by 28ONE View Post
    WG Uber = FG400

WG TSR = SI1500 (TSR has more cut less gloss than SF2500, and SF2500 has less cut more gloss than TSR)

WG Finishing Glaze = SF4000

Here's and updated chart:

UPDATED: Autopia Car Care Polish Comparison Chart - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum
    Thanks for that chart man! I am going to see what the Lightning Deal is today, and then make my decision. I appreciate everyone`s input. Looking at the chart, the Wolfgang seems easier as there is only 4 choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 28ONE View Post
    That sucks man! Hopefully the 2500 knocks it out, I believe it will, if not M105 should since it your fingernail doesn't grab.
    Oh yea, when I came out of the store and saw the salt all smeared around my stomach dropped and I said "please only let it be brushed by someone". Nope, I'm assuming a door got it. That sucks. I made it 1 year and 3 months w/o a door ding.

In the worst spot I can feel it, but its not like I can hang my thumb in the scratch. If I get a chance to foam and wash it Wednesday I'll take a look and try to use all my new products to fix the scratches. Worst thing worst hopefully I can isolate them to small marks and touch up paint them if its through the base coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
    Thanks for that chart man! I am going to see what the Lightning Deal is today, and then make my decision. I appreciate everyone`s input. Looking at the chart, the Wolfgang seems easier as there is only 4 choices.
    You can't go wrong with either WG or Menzerna. The ideal setup would be the following just to cover all bases:

FG400, SF2500, & SF4000

or

WG Uber, TSR, & Finishing Glaze

Post Thanks / Like
    I really do not see a place for PF2500. I have a nearly new quart of it that I would gladly sell to anyone.

From my experience, FG400 cuts more than PF2500 and finishes better. If you require less cut, then use FG400 with a polishing pad.

For instance, on Sat, I tested PF2500/LC Orange, FG400/Rupes Yellow foam and FG400/Meguiars MF Cutting Disc.

The FG400/Rupes yellow foam combination cut more than PF2500/LC Orange, and also finished out with noticeably less haze. Even the FG400/MF Cutting Disc combination only finished slightly worse than the PF2500 combination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    FG400 finishes down nicely and very easy to use.

I agree 1000% I corrected a full size Chevy truck that had never been truly detailed in 8+ years and this worked amazing. Only one step polish then topped with Autofinesse Power Seal. I used three orange LC flat pads to do the entire truck with the FG400.

Pretty much swirl free, for a one step polish this did a great job.

swirl free

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    I really do not see a place for PF2500. I have a nearly new quart of it that I would gladly sell to anyone.

From my experience, FG400 cuts more than PF2500 and finishes better. If you require less cut, then use FG400 with a polishing pad.

For instance, on Sat, I tested PF2500/LC Orange, FG400/Rupes Yellow foam and FG400/Meguiars MF Cutting Disc.

The FG400/Rupes yellow foam combination cut more than PF2500/LC Orange, and also finished out with noticeably less haze. Even the FG400/MF Cutting Disc combination only finished slightly worse than the PF2500 combination.
    Oh man really? I don't need a lot of cut though, only on that door ding. My finish has never had swirls instilled in it, but if I use PF2500 then I don't want to have it turn out badly. If I go over the PF2500 with SF4500 will that clear the finish up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
    Oh man really? I don't need a lot of cut though, only on that door ding. My finish has never had swirls instilled in it, but if I use PF2500 then I don't want to have it turn out badly. If I go over the PF2500 with SF4500 will that clear the finish up?
    Those scratches are deep. I doubt that anything other than wetsanding or a rotary/wool/M101 is going to get them out.

I wouldn't waste your time and the surrounding clearcoat, tbh. Just wipe off any paint transfer with Laquer thinner and run over it real quick with a finishing polish.

I would not get SF4500. Get SF4000. It will finish the same on most paint systems and will be a far more versatile product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    Those scratches are deep. I doubt that anything other than wetsanding or a rotary/wool/M101 is going to get them out.

I wouldn't waste your time and the surrounding clearcoat, tbh. Just wipe off any paint transfer with Laquer thinner and run over it real quick with a finishing polish.

I would not get SF4500. Get SF4000. It will finish the same on most paint systems and will be a far more versatile product.
    I think some will come out, mainly the scrapes, but right where the door impacted my door they may not. Too late, I already have SF4500

Oh, and this car is a lease, so as long as I don't strike through I dont really care about how much clear coat is left to protect 2 years or longer down the line. Next owner's problem That being said I would like to work on my technique. I plan on trying to minimize all the scratches as much as they will and error on the side of not taking enough off rather than error on the side of a strike through. I can always try again at a later time when I feel more confident. I would like to get them as small as possible but accept that if it got through the CC/BC then it is what it is.
    2012 Toyota Camry SE | 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234