autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirls after using Mango Breeze Microfiber

I recently purchased the Wolfgang/Souveran Kit along with Mango Breeze Microfibers. I have been using the Wolfgang detailing spray after each drive, wiping in straight lines, however now I am facing some moderate swirling. I have tested some Megs swirl remover 2.0 on a finishing pad with the PC 7424 with unsatisfactory results. I am interested in trying Menzerna products, but I'm not sure which is the lightest product I can use to remove the defects. I am unsure which pads I need to get a full correction. Which MF towels should I purchase that will not create any more swirls?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirls after using Mango Breeze Microfiber

Beautiful Ride! Sorry about your swirl marks! I would recommend Menzerna Power Finish to get the swirl marks out. Its a medium cut. Have used it for years. Use with Orange LC (Lake Country) Pad. One thing I make sure of is to always use a damp, wrung out, microfiber anytime it touches the paint. The only time I use a dry one is for buffing off wax. I use the Miracle towel and apply VERY little pressure. I fold it in fourths and make back and forth motions, no swirl action. Hope this helps.

-Brian

Post Thanks / Like

You can try the wolfgang twins as well. You can get a kit that will give you the orange pad as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    GT500's are notorious for soft paint (I still have an anxious twitch from when I did a Super Snake 1000)

I would try a 600gsm plus towel. Even a 900gsm towel will help.

When compounding have a bucket of warm water with some ONR mixed in and 5-6 towel in it. Use the damp towel to dissolve off the compound (reduces amount of wiping = less chance of marring.

Menz is great stuff! Try PF2500 or FF3000 to remove swirls on an Orange pad!

Best of luck!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest using a thicker towel in conjunction with your detail spray/waterless wash. Mango Towels work best for polish and wax removal on CLEAN paint.

Wolfgang and Menzerna are both excellent options for swirl and scratch removal as well.

The Definitive How-To Guide for Spray Waxes, Quick Detail Sprays & Waterless Washes

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
    Here at Autogeek, we believe selection is a good thing. For that reason, we have an abundance of different microfiber towels available and each one has its own intended use.

Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth (available in 16" x 16" & 16" x 24"): The Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth is super soft, super plush, and super snazzy. It features a thick pile surrounded by a luxurious red silk border. Every inch of this towel pampers your vehicle's paint.

Works best with: Waterless washes
    Can also be used with: Quick detail sprays, spray waxes
    You should know: No Chinchillas were harmed in the manufacturing of this towel.

Deluxe Jr. 600 Microfiber Towel (available in 16" x 16", 16" x 24", 25" x 36"): The Deluxe 600 is the cat's meow when it comes to microfiber towels. It's perfectly weighted, has a luxurious border, and when paired with a microfiber detergent, it will last longer than any microfiber towel should.

Works best with: Quick detail sprays
    Can also be used with: Waterless washes, spray waxes, wax removal
    You should know: There is nothing unmanly about a lavender microfiber towel.

Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel (available in 16" x 16", 16" x 24", 25" x 36"): This towel is often confused with the Deluxe 600 because of the similar specs and the identical price. The Supreme 530 is of a lighter weight, which makes it a better towel for spray waxes when compared to the Deluxe 600.

Works best with: Spray waxes
    Can also be used with: Waterless washes, quick detail sprays, wax removal
    You should know: One side of the Surpreme 530 has a flat weave, making it excellent for removing polishes.

Gold Plush Microfiber Towel (available in 16" x 16", 16" x 24", 25" x 36"): If the Super Plush Deluxe was a Corvette ZR1, this towel would be the Z06 - 9/10th the performance at a fraction of the cost. What makes the Gold Plush such a fantastic towel? It excels at everything! You can use this towel for all of your detailing needs.

Works best with: Spray waxes, quick detail sprays
    Can also be used with: Waterless washes, wax removal
    You should know: This towel occupies the most cabinet space in Autogeek's Show Car Garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the product recommendations, the simple fact is the more you touch your paint the more you instill swirls no matter what microfiber you use. I definitely say use the best quality mf you can afford. You stated that your using a detail spray and mf after every drive. The excessive amount of wiping is most likely the reason for the increase in marring. It's just the nature of the beast. Less wiping = Less Scratches, more wiping = more scratches.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artofdetailing View Post
    Beautiful Ride! Sorry about your swirl marks! I would recommend Menzerna Power Finish to get the swirl marks out. Its a medium cut. Have used it for years. Use with Orange LC (Lake Country) Pad. One thing I make sure of is to always use a damp, wrung out, microfiber anytime it touches the paint. The only time I use a dry one is for buffing off wax. I use the Miracle towel and apply VERY little pressure. I fold it in fourths and make back and forth motions, no swirl action. Hope this helps.

-Brian
    Using a QD on an unwashed car with soft paint is asking for trouble. If you must QD do not use a dry mf to wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    GT500's are notorious for soft paint (I still have an anxious twitch from when I did a Super Snake 1000)

I would try a 600gsm plus towel. Even a 900gsm towel will help.

When compounding have a bucket of warm water with some ONR mixed in and 5-6 towel in it. Use the damp towel to dissolve off the compound (reduces amount of wiping = less chance of marring.

Menz is great stuff! Try PF2500 or FF3000 to remove swirls on an Orange pad!

Best of luck!
    Where would one find a 900 GSM microfiber towel? Thx

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

PMFJI but thought I throw this out there. Most of the superweight towels are actually two lighter towels bound together, keep that in mind.

Chinchilla here on AG is a nice towel. AG sent me a couple of samples of what look to be the same as the "Blue Whale" below, I'm thinking they are something like $9.99 each.

Do a search on "G" for "Shaggy Dog" (400 but very VERY plush) and "Blue Whale" (1100), both are really REALLY nice. Although I like the 'shaggy' best. For that matter the 600 and 700's are excellent as well and one heck of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys makes a 800gsm towel
    Its called the sasquatch maximus
    5.99 for a 16x16